July 19, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Having moved 4 times in 2007 I have found it especially hard to make any girlfriends. It's hard when you're an adult to make new friends whether you are moving or not. For awhile I have been telling old friends that don't live by me that my main goal in life is to become good enough friends with someone that we hang out WITHOUT our kids. I did it! Yea!

Today I had a really fun garage-saleing morning with my new friend Candis. I scored a kid's art easel, two puzzles, and a push toy all for $5! It is so fun to have friends! It took a lot of work, at which time I felt like I was trying to date her (should I ask for her number, does she really want to hang out, is calling twice in a row too much?, etc.). It's such a funny phenomenon.



But my friends don't stop there! I managed to pull together a "running" group. (sorry for the quotations, girls, but we'll get there!). And I get to spend time with such wonderful ladies. Christina, Bonnie, Bobbi, Candis. It's open to everyone you Lehi-ers! We have a lot of fun. Thanks girls!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Nice work! I've been hoping to wake up early and join Candis on her garage sale treasure hunts! We'll have to make plans to go together soon. I hope you're feeling better! We need to make plans this week.

The Griner Family: said...

How funny! Way to go!!! Will you be staying in Lehi for a while then?

The Tieman Family said...

You guys are in Utah? My family and I will be up there Aug 16-23. We should get a poker game together :)

Candis Ellis said...

So, super long and 'witty' comment is no longer really relavent, but I just wanted to say that I am SO glad to have you as a friend! I hated missing the run last night! I made sure to tell Jake that the Homer Simpson pic was not actually in reference to me...he was relieved, haha. Anyway, see you tomorrow for much needed 'girl time' :)

Clair said...

I am so happy for you!- as you know we've talked about how long it can take to make a real friend, especially after moving. One of my best friends from FLW just moved here so though I didn't make a new one I have a wonderful old one and it is great!

Bonnie said...

OH! I want to join the scavenger/ oops, I mean garage sale hunts. I love all the treasures you can find for next to nothing!! I can totally relate to the whole friendship thing...really happy to finally have some, too!! Hope you're staying here longer than a year...do you need me to start house-hunting for you?? There is an over-priced house behind me for sale??