October 5, 2008

Some quips from her 23rd month:

During Jane's last month as a one year old she managed to make me laugh a few times. One morning I went in to her bedroom when Matt had already been up with her for awhile. I quickly caught on that Jane must have thrown up during the night because she kept saying, ever-so-sweetly to me, "What happened barf?" "What happened barf?"

Before we ever started talking about Jane's birthday to her she must have sensed it was coming. One day out of the blue she opened the front door and screamed outside, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I found a little stool at a garage sale for a quarter. When I brought it home I showed Jane how she could use it in the kitchen to help mommy. She stood on it for a minute and figured out that a new world had just been opened to her. She carried it straight into her room in front of her closet, opened the closet door and reached for her special Sunday dresses.

I had made Jane some little magnet toys for the fridge. One of the magnet pieces had broken off and Jane asked me to fix it. I put some glue on it and set it aside. She kept asking me for it and I kept telling her that it needed to dry. Finally she went and got a towel and said exasperatedly, "Dry it!"

For the first time this month Jane told me what her scribbles were. Apparently somewhere among her scribbles were a bean and a strawberry.

And lastly, I would just like to report that Jane has finally gained ten pounds since she was two months old. She weighed 14 pounds at two months and only just know clocked in at 24. Good job Jane!

2 comments:

Clair said...

Jane's quips never disappoint. Where DID the barf go?

cara said...

That's so funny Ella!