A few weeks ago Matt and I decided to take a trip up the canyon with our little gal. We told Jane we were going to see "nature." Jane was whining and fussing in the backseat during the drive. Matt said sarcastically, "Is it sad being in nature, Jane?" Lest you forgot, Janey is very sensitive to things being sad--especially ducks, but it has expanded out to all things. So Jane got the wrong idea and was very concerned about nature's happiness for the rest of the trip. When we first got out of the car and began exploring nature, Jane kept saying with worry, "Nature sad." Here's one picture we captured as she expressed her concern for nature's feelings.

But we kept reassuring her that nature was happy and she eventually relaxed about it.

We had a nice little walk in the trees. Jane especially liked the yellow leaves.



Also on the drive Jane kept pointing out the mountains that she could see. Out of the blue she said, "I wanna see Jesus." I asked her to repeat what she said and again, "I wanna see Jesus." I asked her if Jesus lived in the mountains and she said yes. The only connection I can make for her little brain is that the picture we typically use of Jesus during Family Home Evening is of Jesus holding a lamb with some mountains in the background. Either way it was a heart-melter.
4 comments:
That is precious. She is such a sensitive little spiritual soul. I love Jane. And good pictures, Matt. It makes me miss autumn in non-desert climates!
That's cute Ella! :)
Matt does such great pictures!! Love her asking about Jesus!! Such a smart girl!
Ella,
Jane is SO cute!
I'm so glad she's my cousin!
Post a Comment