In the blogging world you'll occasionally see a game of tag. This is where people get picked to write something about themselves. Then, when they are done, they "tag" three other people. The tag I just got is to write 6 random things about yourself. So out of kindness and obedience I'm going to participate (halfway).
1. When I was in elementary school a boy came over to our yard and asked if he could jump on the trampoline. My friend and I were playing a game on it so I said no. He got on anyway so I pushed him. He hit the railing of the trampoline and it knocked out his four front (permanent) teeth. He couldn't talk for a few days so my story of "he fell" was believed by all. Then the kid mumbled out, "she pushed me."
2. Matt, more often than not, calls me Grinesy. My maiden name (and now middle name) is Griner.
3. The second semester of my freshman year of college I planned my schedule so that my earliest class was at 2 pm. I consistently missed it from sleeping in.
4. When I was really little (kindergarten?) I sold my Christmas candy to my neighbors pretending to be a Girl Scout.
5. I'm getting head x-rays. I've had an ear infection for 5 months and my ENT is now going to check if the infection is in the bone.
6. I cut my hair. Every morning and night I lie there depressed about where my long hair went to. I took in a beautiful picture of someone with hair about 3 inches past their armpits (to their chest). Prior to the haircut my hair was past my chest. For once I didn't go to a really cheap place like Super Cuts so I thought I was in for a real treat. When I go somewhere cheap I make sure to say, "DO NOT CUT MY HAIR PAST HERE!" But since I went somewhere nice I thought the picture was pretty self-explanatory. However, hairdressers just can't help themselves when they see long hair! They feel they just HAVE to cut it off. So, somehow all of my beautiful tresses are sitting in a trash dumpster or landfill right now. Now my hair is about one inch past my shoulders. Matt says the lady did a really good job on the top half, but he doesn't understand what happened to the bottom half and how she could possibly have cut my hair the way she did after seeing the picture I took in. I can't stop replaying in my mind what I could've done to prevent that. That is a mistake that will take 3 years to correct.
6a. Matt and I try to share a scripture at night before we pray together. Matt chose this scripture for me (originally in regards to Samson) "Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven." Judges 16:22. Then he prayed that my hair would appear longer to me when I looked in the mirror. What a sweetheart.
4 comments:
very interesting-- bummer on the haircut-- I'm sorry I know that stinks! That's nice that Matt is being very sweet about it. Remember when you had super short hair and you looked totally cute then? I'm sure you look cute in-between too! So who was the boy you knocked the teeth out of? Grinsey is kind of cute-- Janet always called me (and still sometimes does) Grinder. I think that was to make fun of all the people who couldn't get it right. Hoping for the best on the ear infection.
Ella, I tagged you because I figured you would have some pretty awesome random facts. I was not disappointed! And, I appreciate your kindness and obedience.
I enjoyed your random facts, though after seeing you play scrabble with the YW, I can't say I'm too surprised that you knocked a poor kids teeth out. So, I repented of my poor blogging and finally put up a new family post. Working on one of my own also. We're definitely moving to DC this fall, perhaps as early as June. We missed you guys for Super Bowl. Hope all is well.
Loved it! You're amazing! 20 miles?! Dang. I remember the earliest class being at 2. I would make sure that I took my key when I left home because if I didn't have it when I got home at 12...I would be locked out. No amount of yelling and pounding would get you out of that bed :) Ahh...the joys of freshman year.
Post a Comment