March 8, 2008

Fight or Flight: Take Two

So I got 20 miles under my belt today. What an accomplishment! Around mile 13 a very familiar situation began to unfold. A white truck with a cab started to slow down beside me. I glanced over to see the truck and to see that a man in a camouflage hunter's jacket was rolling down the passenger side window. FLIGHT! I was sprinting out of there so fast! Then I could hear the man yelling, "No, you dropped your headband!" HAHAHA! A quick glance told me he was telling the truth so I gave a sheepish smile and wave. Thank you, nice man, I'm sorry I thought you were a murderer. At mile 19.5 I had to take flight again! This time to outrun a little mutt. I'm lucky the dog didn't feel like protecting his area much farther than his property because I didn't have much steam left! Oh, the joys of running.

2 comments:

Joy said...

That is so dang funny! I love that you love to run. I have been proud of myself for doing 2 miles. I love checking your blog (yes, I am a blog stalker) I am glad you are doing well.

Joy Edwards

Veronica said...

I am glad you survived!