May 30, 2010

May's Pictures

Man, oh man. For some reason, uploading my pictures this time was kind of chaotic. They got all mixed up and jumbled. I'm not even going to attempt to put them in chronological order. But don't worry, I usually lie about what day they were taken anyway because I forget to take a picture so often. So this month, your special treat is that I have grouped them by subject matter.

First Category: Miscellaneous. Yes, I think a miscellaneous category belongs at the end too. But I don't feel like cutting and pasting.
1. My favorite drawing of Jane's this month. It's girls on bicycles if you can't tell. I love how the girl on the left has super long arms in order to hold on to her bike. The other girls are just showing off. When I asked Jane about the 4 wheels she told me they have four wheels so that they can move faster.

2. Our patch of weeds in the front yard. My landlord dug up all the plant areas around our duplex and replaced them with rocks. He started with a gorgeous row of rose bushes. I'm not kidding, they were perfect. He just dug those up and slapped down some dirt colored rocks. He did that to everything EXCEPT the ugliest patch of weeds and the nastiest bush one could imagine. I KNOW he ran out of rock. So why doesn't he just go buy more instead of telling me that this patch has ground cover that should fill in nicely.
3. Jack got some new shoes. He won't walk yet in regular shoes, but doesn't like being in the grass barefoot. These soft-soled shoes are perfect!

4. Not what I expected to find in the Cheerios. Either they've started giving out really cool, albeit dangerously small, prizes or Jane has been up to no good.
5. I walked half-way to church before I realized I never decided on which shoe to wear.

Second Category: Our kids with other people, sometimes us.

6. We did a quick mother's day picture. Jack was already in his pj's. I'm so grateful to be a mommy to these two!
7. Matt tries to help Jane with her tricycle. Have we ever talked about Jane's gross motor skills? No? Another post perhaps.

8. We had a few semi-warm days this month. We were more than ready to get outside!

9. We've been able to have Max over a few times. He's gotten a new little sister so we thought he, or Sharon, might like a break. I took them to a petting zoo. They had fun. The girl holding the chicken is the owner's daughter. I was pretty surprised at her chicken catching ability.


10. More Max time. Max is taking his turn at catching "butterflies" (pieces of tissue paper dropped in front of the fan).
11. Aunt Jenni came to visit. It's always fun when the Frisby's come to town!

12. Like father, like daughter.

Third Category: Just the kids.

13. Another warm day. This time we celebrated with smoothies.

14. Jane shared her banana with Jack.
15. Jack is outgrowing his robe. I wanted to take a picture of him to compare it to this one, but he has no patience for sitting down.

16. You may think this is just a picture of Jack drinking milk. But to me it's a picture of sweet, sweet freedom.
17. Jack loves pushing this stroller. Loves it until he hits a wall or other object. Have we discussed Jack's baby rage? No? Another post perhaps.

18. He also likes to play with the Swiffer. But it only leads to more baby rage.

19. I love making treats for Jane. She gets so, so excited.
20. Jane and ducky have been reunited. She had moved on to bigger and better things but recently spent a few days wanting ducky again.

21. Here's Jane with one of the bigger and better things. She loves all animals.
22. Jane helping me make banana bread.


23. Here's some more shots of Jane at the hospital. What a cutie.

Fourth Category: Things I've made.

24. I lined my glass fronted shelves with fabric. The white dishes with the white background was too plain. I guess Jane hadn't even noticed them when it was all white. After I added the fabric she said, "Oh, I love your new tea party!"
25. I have a new desk space. It's where I sew and do other desk-worthy activities. Thanks Candis, for cleaning out your garage. And we made the memo board by stapling two gigantic frames together and covering them with batting and fabric.

26. I went to a bridal shower. I made a quilted hot pad. Lots of mistakes, but much better than the one I had to keep for myself.
27. A little preview to Jack's party. Shirt and tie invitations.


28. I went to a 2-year-old girl birthday party. I made a tutu. So easy and quick, but very rewarding.
29. I made/attempted to make a valance for the kitchen. You know, usually I don't like doing anything I'm not good at. But I'm REALLY not a natural at sewing, yet I still like it. Perhaps I'm maturing in some way.


30. Speaking of not being good at something: I don't know, take your pick: blurry picture, uneven curtains, Jane's hair. What could I possibly be referring to? The dress of course. The maxi dress that used to be mine. I just wanted to shorten it up a bit for myself. Well, I totally ruined it. But don't worry, apparently a maxi dress on a 3 year old is adorable. But can you see the flower placed above the ruffly tier towards the bottom right? I had to add that because I accidentally cut a hole there. That's how much of an amateur I am! I just randomly cut holes into the fabric I'm trying to work with!

See you next month when I will hopefully have improved a skill in some area or another!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Love the month of pics, like always! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your fabric-backed cabinets! Looks so great!

Kate said...

You do such an awesome job at keeping track of your family's life and adventures every month. BVO would be proud of the way you are writing your personal and family history!! I just can't stop laughing about your church shoes of choice. Oh how I wish you wouldn't have noticed until after church :) Funny.

Jenni said...

I feel very special to have made it onto your blog!

Clair said...

Matt looks like he just stepped off of a professional soccer team. Jane looks adorable at the hospital. Love the Cheerios prizes and Jane's Art. Nice home decor editions! Keep at the sewing! You are braver than me by even trying it. You are doing a GREAT job of recording the little memories. I'm jealous.

bakerfam said...

I feel overwhelmed by comments I need to make, and since we talk about 7 times a day ask me next time we talk what I thought about the post. I do have to say I think Jack looks pretty much the exact same size in the robe. He's so freaking cute. And also, if you refer to yourself as an amateur sewer again, you're in trouble, we both know it's just not accurate anymore.