May 10, 2010

Janey Janey Bo Baney

I'll have to add pictures later. My blogtographer doesn't get paid, so I can't complain.

Jane has been telling me what she's thinking lately. She'll stare off into space and then announce, "I'm thinking about...." One day she said, "I'm thinking about having two babies." I asked if she meant two babies from her tummy when she's bigger or two babies from my tummy. She meant my tummy, and she wants it to be a girl.

One day I told Jane that I loved her. She told me she loved me too. Then she said, "We're in love.....we're also in charge."

Jane LOVES to pet animals. She likes to look at them too, but is mostly just disappointed she can't touch them. So when we were on our way to go to a pet store to look at animals she started talking about how she was going to pet them. I had to explain to her that we weren't going to be able to touch the animals. She frustratedly said, "That's not a petting store then! That's a look-at store!"

Jane would also like to own a pet. She was telling me how much she wanted a pet and I was repeatedly telling her we couldn't. She was getting very upset and at one point got in my face and yelled, "I WANT A REAL PET!" I finally said, "Look Jane, here's the deal. We pay money to a guy who owns this house. It's his house. We pay him money to live here. And he doesn't want us to have pets." She thought about that for a minute and then asked, "Jesus doesn't want us to have pets?"

Jane was playing with Jack while he was in his high chair. She was talking with him and saying all of his different names. It went like this: "Buddy. Jacky boy. John John. Jacky boy. Jacky. John John. Handsome Handsome."

Matt and Jane went on a walk. They passed a field with cows and she said, "Look at all these beautiful cows. They are so colorful!"

Matt and Jane were singing a made-up song in the car on the way back and her contribution of lyrics was, "I stepped on a horse and cow...and then they died."

Matt asked, "Jane are you big or little?" She said, "I am short."

Jane said to me after a long and frustrating day, "Thank you for putting me on time out again." She said to Matt after another day full of time-outs, "Thank you so much for putting me on time out. I love time out."

Jane is still trying to grasp what dying means. She told her cousin Cara, "Let's pretend we're itchy and we die and go to the doctor."

Instead of trying to improve her sharing abilities Jane would rather just accept that she is incapable of sharing. One time Matt said to her, "Jack just loves to play with you so much." She said, "But I don't know how to share." Another time, while at the Sabins I asked Jane to let Jack see one of her toys. Steve said, "Yeah, share with Jack." She smiled like she was proud and told him, "I don't know how to share with my brother."

We were sitting at our place and Uncle Nate was over. Jane sat by Matt and said to him, "Oh, you smell so stinky. You need to take a shower. Please take a shower."

Jane was pretending to be Ariel. Matt was prince of course. She told me that Ariel's prince didn't have a tail, but then she changed her mind, "Ariel put a tail on Ariel's prince because she went to the store and got a green one like hers."

Jane likes to eat bread with butter and honey on it. Matt doesn't like that she eats it and one day told her that he thought it was gross. She said, "You can't think bread and butter and honey is gross. That's mean."

Matt was putting Jane to bed and kissed him goodnight. Only the kiss was kind of long and it made Matt laugh. So Jane said very seriously, "Don't laugh about it." And kissed him again. Matt laughed. Jane said, "Don't laugh about it." And kissed him again. That happened four times until Matt finally said, "I'm sorry buddy, I was laughing about something else."

Matt and Jane were in the kitchen. Matt broke wind and Jane said, "Oh, you tooted. Did you make it just for me, Dad?"

3 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

Jane gets funnier and funnier. I LOVE it. I love time outs too. I want one right now. :)

Jenni said...

Jane never ceases to make me laugh. We're so excited to see you guys next week!

Kate said...

My favorite is the "we're in love AND in charge" line. The only thing better than being in love IS being in charge. I'm glad Jane has made that connection so early in her life. Jane cracks me up.