May 15, 2010

John John Bo Bohn



Jack is 11 months old. In fact, he turned 11 months four days ago. And since the last 4 days seem to have brought on a new, um, bolder personality, I will try to remember how he was when he was a sweet little 10 month old.

Let's see....

He has basically spent the entire month walking around. He has no interest in other activities. I will try to engage him with a toy or activity but he will immediately stand up and start walking. He prefers to walk with something in each hand. He will walk from the couch, to the ottoman, to the other couch, to me, to the TV, back to the couch, on to Jane, etc. He thinks it's the funnest thing he could possibly be doing. And for that reason he has completely left crawling in the dust. If he falls down mid-walk, instead of finishing with a crawl like he used to, now he stands himself back up and continues walking.


I think he has started to get jealous. If Matt or I are hanging out with Jane, he comes over and whines to get picked up. And a couple times when one of us has been holding Jack and Jane comes up to us, we've noticed Jack tries to push her away. This could be the beginning of some really fun times.

My heart melts every time Jack lays his head on me. I love it so much. I always think to myself, "Life does not get any better than this." Boys are the sweetest.

We can't let Jack have any cups or buckets in the bathtub. He's a little too eager to take a big drink but always ends up dumping all the water down his throat. So bathtime ends abruptly with Jack coughing, sputtering, gulping for air, and trying to bawl.


He's started to shake his head no. I don't think he uses it correctly. He does it at random times, but he will usually do it if you ask him a question with an inflection at the end.

When Jack is done eating, or just doesn't like what he's eating he'll throw it onto the floor. Sometimes he'll accomplish that by swiping his hand back and forth. Sometimes I'll think he's eating, but really he is just taking a piece of food and one by one dropping it over the side of the high chair.

Jack has finally started sleeping through the night. 8pm-7am. I would like to train him to sleep in until 8, but it's useless. If he had his own room I think he would go back to sleep. Instead, he cries and wakes up Jane. Jane then throws some toys into his crib and they play until Jack starts crying again, I finally go in there, or the clock turns 8 and Jane knows she can come out of her room.

Here's some extra pics of Jack.




Oh, Jack, don't cry! No one cares that your diaper is totally loaded in those last two pics!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! I'm so excited to finally meet Jack in person.

The Griner Family: said...

He's so awesome!

Kate said...

I was wondering about his diaper issues before I read the comment. Don't worry, you're not the only one that lets diapers go a little longer than they should sometimes, oops.

MomandDad said...

Such a cute little guy. Sure glad I got to see him even if he didn't get a chance to get to know me. Another time i guess. I'm seeing a little of Jesse in him.

Sharon said...

Sam was super complacent and let Cara boss him around until his first birthday. Literally, after the party, he became a new man. It's like he realized he had stuff of his own and didn't have to do what Cara said. But don't worry, I only got calls from his primary, preschool, kindergarten, and first grade teachers. It stopped in second grade.

Clair said...

That first picture rocks! Is Jane chasing Jack? Jack is a cutie.