May 2, 2010

Pictures from April

April. It was over before I realized it had started.
1. Cousins playing dress up.
2. We did some rubber-banding this year with our easter egg dyeing.
3. I tried my hand at making some Easter egg bean bags for the kids. They're pretty hysterical. They turned out looking a bit more like rockets than eggs.
4. The only pictures I have of Easter morning. Jane decorated her pajamas with Easter stickers and her favorite part was the cotton candy.
5. Jack plays with cars. It's adorable.
6. Jane likes to throw things onto Jack. It's not as adorable.

7. A standard "funny face."
8. Jack is known to nearly drown himself by trying to drink from all the bath tub containers. Obviously, this funnel doesn't pose the same threat.
9. For lack of a more interesting picture...
10. Jack loves his broccoli!
11. Who ever said it was more fun to dress girls?
12. Jane is one serious towel folder. I can give her all of our wash cloths and come back to two nice and neat stacks.
13. I think Jack is pretty cute in the bath. Jane giggled at him one time and said, "His eyelashes! He looks like a girl!"
14. Matt and Jane went on an ice cream date. She wore her darling ice cream outfit for the occasion.
15. The first time Jane wrote all of her ABC's in order. Well, kind of in order. She started at the bottom of the page.
16. Jane dressed up her flip flop so she could have a girl flip flop and a boy flip flop.
17. Do you remember what the old "ram's back" (ottoman) looked like? (catch a glimpse here). It finally got a face lift.
18. So, yeah, we're posing. But this is definitely what Candis and I look like when watching Vampire Diaries.
19. Jack woke up about midnight, wide awake and squealing. I let him come out for awhile.
20. This is what Jane looked like after playing with some dandelions.
21. Is that not the funniest "I love mom" shirt?

22. Jane saw the top half of a shirt I cut into for some fabric scraps and couldn't have been happier dressing up as a mermaid.
23. Do you remember when we were little and strawberries weren't the size of your palm?

24. I got this stool for almost free. I finally got around to giving it a makeover.

25. Jack has graduated to smoothie time. I figure with spinach, wheat germ, flax and no sugar, it's okay for him to dig in.

26. Jane drew bicycles for the first time. I love that the girl on the left is holding on with her very long arms. Jane told me that some of them have 4 wheels so that they can move better.
27. I made my new niece Leah some baby shoes.

28. I walked into the kitchen and Jane had her thinking face on. She said, "I'm thinking about going into the TV and talking to Diego."
29. A beautiful, snowy morning on April 29.
30. Two summers ago I bought this dinosaur toy. It was long before getting pregnant, but I thought that maybe someday I would have a boy to play with it. That day has come. I love this age.

5 comments:

Clair said...

11- love jack in thie tie!
15- sometimes gifted children do things backwards to make it more interesting. abc's forwards is probably too boring for jane.
love all the moments you captured!
wowza on the strawberry!

Christina said...

I can tell from these pictures how much you love having a boy. And to think you doubted it! I love in the posed pic with Candis that you're matching. And Addie writes things backwards a lot, usually her name. So funny!

Janell R. Cropper said...

What a fun month! Do you think I could pay you to make some cute little baby shoes for Lillie? They look comfy and would be cute on her little feet.

The Griner Family: said...

Awesome!!! How do you have time to do all of these crafts?!! Your awesome!! I love that Dino toy...we wanted that exact same one but have never found it?!! Jane is so stinkin' smart, you are putting me to shame!!

Kate said...

Ella why do you do this to me? You say so many interesting things in one post that I couldn't possibly comment on them all. I will be calling you tomorrow to discuss. But for now, I will just say that you are one of my favorite people!