July 4, 2010

My poor neglected blog

Well, blog world, I'm really not a very good blogger. But I'm okay with that. I do wish, however, I was doing a better job at recording my every day things that would be fun to read again someday.

Like how Jane, when she was just turning 2, would hold up two fingers and say "V" when you asked her how old she was. I had completely forgotten that. But recently read it when I was looking back at her 2-year birthday. And it made me happy to remember that.

I didn't do so hot with taking pictures this month. My camera batteries died and instead of taking the one minute to go get the cord to plug it in I just let it sit there for weeks. And occasionally I would run to get it to take a picture of something cute and it would still be dead.

So here's the pics I did get:

Jane had a play date with a little friend from church. You know, back when I decided I was going to do playdates with different kids every week. And, like everything I decide to do, it lasted a week. Anyway, this little girl is really cute. And her voice reminds me of Holly Hunter's. And when you hear it coming from a tiny little 4 year old you would think it was really cute too.

Paris had a birthday.

Jane got Toy Story stickers at that birthday party. She kind of freaked out when she realized taking the stickers off didn't feel very good.

I got a gray shirt, originally from Shade, from a church swap meet for free. It was a small, and was, indeed, small. So when I found the same shirt in a size medium at a garage sale for 25 cents I grabbed it right up. Then I cut up the small one and made myself a "corsage tee." I think it's worth a quarter.

Jack is one now. Unbelievable. I will tell you all about him on the 12th. For now, just know that he likes babies, but not like he likes his Oscar the otter. He tried his hand at scribbling (those are my scribbles by the way), and he thoroughly enjoyed being able to wear Jane's headband.



For Jack's birthday present I made him some fabric rag letters. They're pretty fun. I mean, they just sit there, but I like them anyway. I made an extra H,A,P, and Y and strung up "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" at Jack's party. Matt didn't take a picture of that, though, so you'll have to just imagine it.


You should also know that we road tripped it to Yellowstone for our Jespersen Family Reunion. I used my camera on the drive there. Then took one picture on the drive back. No pictures from Yellowstone or the reunion of course. That would make too much sense. But don't worry, (I know you were worried) Matt took pictures and I'm really hoping he will do a vacation recap on this very blog. But then again, he still owes you a blog about the time that he showed me a picture he had drawn at church and I couldn't stop laughing for 15 minutes.

Back to the road trip. We left at noon. It's a 5 hour drive so we got there at 8. Our first stop was at Wal-mart where Matt and I felt like we definitely needed matching $5 Ray-Ban knock- offs. I think it improved the quality of our road trip ten fold.
The kids were pretty good. We found out that Jack doesn't know how to sleep in a car.
We stopped in Idaho Falls and checked out a pretty park. With "falls" you know, but I didn't get any pictures of those.
Big sister helps out feeding Jack, after eating all the freeze-dried strawberries herself.
Here's Jack after he figured out he's only getting banana pieces.
As for the picture I took on the drive home, it's of ducky. We left ducky at the Maverick's gas station in Pocatello on our way up. We were devastated. I decided that was the last place we had it so we called them. Sure enough they did, and they put a note on it to save it for us until we came back through Pocatello. We told Jane a nice lady was taking care of ducky. When we got to the gas station it turns out the lady wasn't all that nice, but it was all the same in the end. This wasn't our first close call with ducky. He was also left at a JoAnn's fabrics store in St. George. But Kate's husband Kyle heroically saved him.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I used to pick out the freeze dried strawberries and eat them myself too. Jane's got the right idea. She's just teaching Jack how to share. That's not why I did it though. I just really like them.

Clair said...

In response to your first paragraph... What?!? You are THE BEST at recording the everday gems. Maybe you had an off month or so but you are still no. 1. I would venture to say that everyone of your blog readers feels guilty and deficient when reading your wonderful recaps. But we keep coming back for more anyway. :). Can't believe the dangerous life Ducky has lived thus far!