July 4, 2010

A Little Man Party

At the risk of altering Jack's entire life and sending him down a manly path from which he may never return, I threw him a "Little Man" party. At first I was thinking I would concentrate on the "little" and do mini things, but as I started seeing more and more manly ideas I couldn't help myself.

As you've already seen, I got things kicked off with a shirt and tie invitation.

Then we had burgers (cupcakes and brownies) and fries (sugar cookies) with ketchup (frosting). I ran out of powdered sugar so I was a little disappointed to not be able to put mustard, mayo, and lettuce frostings on the burgers.

(The grilling book, although fitting, wasn't exactly part of the decor, but more of a last-minute solution to setting up the last-minute collage we put together).


Then there were candy and brownie kabobs.

And what little man doesn't enjoy steak and baked potato?


Jack got to have the baked potato cake all to himself. He was hungry and wanted to eat. But he really didn't like having everyone stare at him. And in the end he didn't dig the cake too much after all.



And because I cut out too darn many tiny ties for this tiny tie bunting, I have to show you a little bit. I had so much of this bunting that we strung it out from the hanging light fixture towards the corners. But Matt didn't get a picture, and this is the best my little camera could do.

On a "Thanks for coming" tray, I had chocolate mustache lollipops for the party favors.

And now....for the little man of honor.... He knew it was a big deal, so he wanted to dress up.


But he didn't want to be overdressed so he opted for jeans and tennis shoes.
"I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne."

Here's the birthday boy on his birthday morning. This is the first time I realized he could reach what was on the table. By the time I noticed what he was doing he had discovered that frosting ketchup really is quite tasty.

10 comments:

Shauna said...

it turned out so cute ella!

Clair said...

WOWZA!!! You should submit this to somewhere that will pay you money. Did you have to spend Jack's first year preparing? Adorable party. And JACK! That first pic of him in the tie is to die for. Looks like he is thinking. "I'm special and all this tadoo (sp?) is for me!"

Jenni said...

Jack, he's so cute right now!

B said...

SO cute, Ella. I love the mustaches!

Christina said...

You are awesome. Seriously rocked this party. Jack is one lucky little boy to have a mom like you!

Molly said...

Where did you get the chocolate mustache mold?? Those are awesome! (Not to mention the entire party looks awesome!)

Dana said...

Ok, that has to be the cutest birthday party every. So creative! You are amazing.

Shauna said...

where is my credit? IM WAITING.....

Unknown said...

Omigsoh! this is the cutest party theme ever, awesome job!!

Paola said...

What a great idea for a party!!! I can't believe he's 1 already!!! Love your cute family Ella!!! I hope we can meet up some time :) You guys should come out to Cache Valley before it gets cold :)