(Why is this written entirely to Jack? I don't know. What's done is done. I'm not changing pronouns now).

Oh, buster bar. I love you being one. I have a serious, serious mommy-crush on you.
Gone are the days of nursing, spitting up, crying for no identifiable reason, carrying you everywhere we go, spoon-feeding, and sleepless nights--ok, I know there will be more sleepless nights to come, but currently, it's AWESOME. I still change your poopy diapers multiple times a day but I can look past that. It's harder to look past the fact that you fight me tooth and nail to get your bum wiped. You kick and scream and twist and turn and wriggle and bawl. If you could stop that, please, that would be great. You also have baby-rage, but coming from my mommy-crush blurred vision it's kind of cute.
But what's REALLY cute is everything else about you.
*You love Oscar. He's your otter. I didn't know you knew his name until I told you, "go find oscar", and you looked around and went over and picked him up. One time I acted like I was talking for Oscar and said, "Give me a kiss" and you popped out your paci and gave him a big wet one right on the nose.
*You like babies. One time I was talking to Dad in the kitchen and said something about cow babies. You started signing baby. When I finally noticed I went and got a baby doll. You were excited. You carried it around, then found your toothbrush, and put it up to the baby's mouth. You also signed baby all by yourself when you saw one at a ward party. I saw you toddling towards him signing baby with your arms.
*You are putting your sister to shame in the gross motor development. (Granted Jane has always been about 1.5 years behind). But I think I'm going to experience things I never did with Jane. Like, you've already learned how to climb onto the ottoman. And you're trying to move things over to the counter to climb up. And when you see someone doing something, like riding a tricycle, you see no reason why you shouldn't give it a try.

*Once, when you were in the car, you had your dog, Jaworski. I'm sorry that's his name. I'm sure that won't be easy to say. He was on your lap and you were eating crackers. Well, we thought you were eating crackers. But then we watched as you took each cracker, held it up to Jaworski's mouth and then dropped it.
*You LOVE animals. Like, you go insane when you see them. We took you to the zoo. I'm not sure if you had fun or if it was just miserable torture. With each animal that you saw you would grunt and squeal and kick while reaching out for them. I wasn't able to let you touch any and that didn't make you very happy. The cutest though was when we went inside the small animals building and you could stand up right next to the glass and look at the animals. You were so excited. You squealed and banged on the glass, which didn't make the animals or other patrons very happy, but it made me happy for sure.





*You don't like to say anything. Sometimes you'll mimmic a funny sound that Jane makes. Although I have heard the sounds ma, mama, da and dada from your mouth I don't really even think you have said them with meaning. Sometimes I'm not sure though. A big, "Mama, I love you" would help, if you could work on that. You do sign a few things, which helps me not go too crazy. Your milk sign has become a small, lazy rub of your thumb and fingers. And you get frustrated with me when I make you sign "more" first when you're really hungry for more food. I've noticed you sign "all done" a few times too. Also, when you look out a window, or a door gets opened and you see the outside world, you usually get excited and start waving bye-bye. I think you're trying to tell me you'd like to go outside.
*I would like to personally thank you for all the sleep you've been getting this week. One night you slept 14.5 hours straight before I went in to check that you hadn't expired. It might be a growth spurt. Tonight, for dinner you ate chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, applesauce, and Cheerios! I'd like to see you grow, but if you outgrow all of your summer clothes I won't be too happy.
*One day I was looking at you and I had a feeling that you were really, really special. I think you're going to do great things and be a great person. I'm so glad I'm your mom. I love you so much!
*You LOVE animals. Like, you go insane when you see them. We took you to the zoo. I'm not sure if you had fun or if it was just miserable torture. With each animal that you saw you would grunt and squeal and kick while reaching out for them. I wasn't able to let you touch any and that didn't make you very happy. The cutest though was when we went inside the small animals building and you could stand up right next to the glass and look at the animals. You were so excited. You squealed and banged on the glass, which didn't make the animals or other patrons very happy, but it made me happy for sure.





*You don't like to say anything. Sometimes you'll mimmic a funny sound that Jane makes. Although I have heard the sounds ma, mama, da and dada from your mouth I don't really even think you have said them with meaning. Sometimes I'm not sure though. A big, "Mama, I love you" would help, if you could work on that. You do sign a few things, which helps me not go too crazy. Your milk sign has become a small, lazy rub of your thumb and fingers. And you get frustrated with me when I make you sign "more" first when you're really hungry for more food. I've noticed you sign "all done" a few times too. Also, when you look out a window, or a door gets opened and you see the outside world, you usually get excited and start waving bye-bye. I think you're trying to tell me you'd like to go outside.
*I would like to personally thank you for all the sleep you've been getting this week. One night you slept 14.5 hours straight before I went in to check that you hadn't expired. It might be a growth spurt. Tonight, for dinner you ate chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, applesauce, and Cheerios! I'd like to see you grow, but if you outgrow all of your summer clothes I won't be too happy.
*One day I was looking at you and I had a feeling that you were really, really special. I think you're going to do great things and be a great person. I'm so glad I'm your mom. I love you so much!


4 comments:
I can't believe there are no comments yet! He is so freaking cute I just want to gobble him up. The picture with him laying down on the ottoman is simply darling. And talk about motor skills, is he doing the cha cha in that picture? I think I might have a crush and I have never met him :)
You are such a good mom! He is so handsome!!! He is so big!
Hey, Ella. Thanks for your deligence in keeping your blog current. I check it at least once a day. I love to read about you and Matt and the children. Jack is so precious. And Jane, as always, is adorable. Love, Dad.
In Max's words, "You know Jack that's in Ella's family? He's awesome."
Post a Comment