July 24, 2010
P.S.
I totally forgot to mention why I wanted to write about texting while driving in the first place. I was driving towards a 4-way stop about the same time another car was approaching the 4-way stop on the road intersecting mine. I stopped at the stop sign, but the other car sure didn't. And I got a very clear view of the lady driving, holding up her phone and texting. She never slowed down. In fact, I don't think she ever knew she ran a stop sign. But I was grateful I hadn't gotten there a few seconds earlier because I would have started to go under the assumption that she was going to stop. Similarly I'm glad I had a stop sign. And, I'm glad I wasn't walking with my kids because I totally would have crossed the street with full confidence that she would stop at her stop sign. So, what I'm saying is, stop texting. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! We almost got hit the other day with a lady was turning left and didn't see us in the crosswalk until she was almost through the intersection. A guy going straight through the light had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting her. Maybe she was texting?
Post a Comment