May 31, 2009

Thoughts on being "Full Term"

Well, I'm 37 weeks pregnant. It's weird to think that several weeks ago I would have thought I'd be ready to have the baby by now. Now that it's getting closer I'm thinking he can stay in as long as he would like. I'm still sleeping well and I'm not uncomfortable yet so that makes me think I've got awhile. The more we start getting out and setting up for our little baby the more Jane seems to be understanding there will be a baby coming to live with us. She has seen a couple babies in the last little bit and has REALLY enjoyed them. She says they're "so tute" and wants to hug and kiss them for about an hour straight. Yesterday when she was holding Kate's little guy she said, "I love babies." That's one of her new phrases that she "loves" things so it made me happy that she loves babies. I hope she continues to love babies when our feller gets all of my attention and time.

My friend Monique has been requesting another pregnancy photo. I was pretty sure my belly hadn't changed much since the last time I took a picture and I was right! See? I think I've still got awhile.


When Jane saw me start to do my posing she wanted in on the action. Then she ran and got a ball so she could look more like Mommy.



I really can't complain about any pregnancy issues. I don't even have heartburn. But there are two pregnancy inevitables that are driving me crazy! Number one, I REALLY miss the naivety of giving birth for the first time. Like when you believed that you would be able to simply visualize all of your pain going into a balloon and floating away. Instead I know that that balloon is going to pop in my face and leave me screaming and writhing in pain. If the epidural could last 3 days I think I would feel less of a "doomsday is coming" feeling.

Annoying pregnancy inevitable #2 is having to name a baby! I've decided I hate naming children. What kind of responsibility is that? It's hard enough to come up with a name that you like, let alone one that you can decide on with your husband. And forget about trying to please those around you. If pregnancy tests could just come with a slip of paper telling you the name it would be much easier. "Well, Matt we're having an Elmer." You might not like it but at least it's done.

9 comments:

Paola said...

Ella! How exciting for you and your family! Thanks for being so good at posting... I love to read 'what's up' with the Jespersen's :)

On another note... Can you believe that Lani, Jessica M., and Krysta are getting married... So crazy...

Molly said...

Names are hard. Christian has a different favorite every few days. I feel like I need to see the baby first. We have a list of about 5 names we really like, so we feel like we're on the right track!

The Griner Family: said...

Naming is definitely a tough one. You look great! We cant wait to hear how it goes!

Clair said...

Yeah, your tummy looks about the same as last time. Hmmm. Maybe you have reached your limit. Do you drop? Maybe that will happen next and then you'll know he's on his way.
Cute of little Jane trying to look like Mommy.

Jenni said...

You really should forget about pleasing other people. Not their baby. Who cares what they think. If Sharon was worried about pleasing other people, who knows what George would be called. As I said before, it's your kid. Do what you want. Pick the name that you and Matt like the most and forget who else likes that name, how many other kids have that name, who doesn't like that name and just go with it. In the end, your kid can legally change it someday if they don't like it.

cara said...

Love the picture of Jane! So cute!

Candis Ellis said...

Jane with her tummy--adorable!! You are looking great! So, are you starting your recluse phase early or what?

Sharon said...

They do have an epidural that last three days. It's called percocet.

Kate said...

Oh the adventures of pregnancy. Just have the baby already, I'm getting so anxious to see the little guy and to find out his name. And to hear your birthing account! I can't wait to hear your story this time around! Make it a good one ok? :)