
Very nice and lovely, right? But lately, Jane couldn't care less. Well, let me be fair. Shirts, jackets, and shoes are welcome (including the light blue jacket from Julie that Jane extols for it's softness and calls "totally pimp"), but Jane has a new idea for her legs, which, in my view is a stupid one. Here it is:

Those aren't short shorts, they're oversized panties. She's wearing her new favorite outfit which she aptly named "only legs." She asks for a shirt or frequently this tank top, and "only legs." Here she is admiring her new look:

As a matter of fact, as I type this she's wearing "only legs" and dancing to Adam Lambert singing on American Idol's finale. (Jane's dancing is really something that has to be seen in person to appreciate. The only way to describe it is to say it looks like a bizarro version of Elaine's bizarro dance from Seinfeld.) And here is Jane on a different day wearing "only legs." Notice we at least change her underwear:

"Who's that friend with her, Matt?" you ask. That friend is Lavender. He is a sheep. He was purchased with Easter funds from Grandma and Grandpa. Ella told me to name him. I looked at him and said, "Lavender." Jane has a few friends which you should be familiar with if you care about us at all. Her best friend is Ducky. Ducky happens to be a yellow duck. Jane's had friends fight with Ducky for the coveted position of Alpha Stuffed Friend in the past, but none have fought so valiantly as Lavender. (I should mention the friends I get her each year on Valentine's day fight for about two minutes, then roll over and die.) Jane is often found with Lavender:

"Say, Matt, where's Ducky during this shot?" you ask. Probably bawling his eyes out in the crib. Speaking of sad stuffed animals, did you know one of Jane's favorite things to do is to hold up a stuffed animal and say, "He's so sad"? Well it is. And then she comforts the stuffed animal, cradling it like a baby. Here I caught her right after she said, "Lavender so sad":

Sometimes she'll claim strange objects are "so sad." Sometimes she'll claim Daddy's foot is "so sad." And then she'll hug my foot and caress it. Of course, when we try to play, and say, "Oh Ducky's so sad," she says, "Ducky not sad. He's happy." What's not to love about a little gal like that:
7 comments:
Love Jane!!
What a cutie. And the only legs thing? It doesn't end. My kids would all rather be almost naked; Sarah jumps on the tramp in just a diaper all the time.
I love your posts Matt!
In all fairness I love Ella's too, but I love all the candid shots and hilarious descriptions. Even my sister tunes in purely for the dialogue. Adorable, and I love the top :)
I will only say this, "only legs" would be a welcome sight after what Max attempted to show me this week.
I love that picture of you two!! She just adores you.
When can I hear her say "pimp" in real life?
Very cute. The only other thing I can say is that, for your sakes I hope jane outgrows Only Legs before she hits the teenage years :)
I wish I could wear "only legs" too! She is so freakin cute! I can't wait to hear what Jillian says.
Post a Comment