March 6, 2016

March is here

This weekend marked my official halfway mark for my master's program.  It feels great to be making progress towards the end.

Hank started speech therapy at the elementary school this week.  He was so excited to go to Jane and Jack's school.  He goes on Monday's and every day leading up to his first day he would ask, "What day is today?"  When he didn't hear Monday he would ask, "What comes next?"  And continue asking until we would eventually say Monday.  I don't know if he thought the 20 minute speech therapy session was as fun as he was anticipating.

Pete likes to eat bread with peanut butter on it.  He asks for, "butter bread."

A couple weeks ago Matt surprised the kids with McDonald's.  But he thought he would trick the kids and excitedly announced that he had went to a restaurant and brought everyone home some delicious fish soup.  Jane acted disgusted, then Matt told them he was just kidding, that he had gotten McDonald's.  Hank was so disappointed.  He kept saying, "But I wanted fish soup."  He was bummed all night.  And then every few days he would tell Matt, "I want fish soup."  He's still waiting on it.

Matt got Jane and Jack from school and Jack immediately asked him, "Dad, would you rather blow up or marry a bad guy?"  Jane said, "Would you rather have us as kids and marry a bad guy, or not have us and marry Mom?"  Matt said, "I can't say."  Jane said, "It's ok, we're not trying to pressure you."

Pete continues to somehow learn all he needs to know in life from unknown sources (although, most likely, children-themed YouTube songs).  He's moved on from letters and now identifies numbers.  The LittleBabyBum YouTube channel should use him in their advertising.

Jane has learned how to draw on google docs.  She's also learned to email.  I get approximately ten email a day when I am gone at work.  She has not time for subjects, and prefers to send a new email instead of hit reply.  She prefers I always reply.  For example, one time I got this email, "If i ever tell you a story and you don't really have something to say about it you should just say that you got the email."  One time I replied that her use of caps lock had me wondering if she was being rude or not.  She replied, "Caps lock?  Oh I am NOT trying to be mean.  Whoops, i did caps lock."

Here is Jane's wolf named Leandé.  She had to teach me how to do the accent over the e.



No comments: