Jane and Pete have been in love with each other lately. It is so adorable. Pete has started calling out for her when he is ready to get out of his crib in the morning or after his nap. It is so cute. Sometimes he only wants her to help him with things. Last night they began playing a game together. Jane would run and jump around to different places doing silly things and Pete would follow behind doing the same things. One of the ending moves often was a ninja move with the sound "Hi-yah!" When Jane took a break he came to her saying, "hi-yah", requesting to keep playing the game.
Jack and Hank have gotten into the show, Ninjago. Hank combined themes with Wild Kratts and I heard him yelling, "Green Ninja coming to the creature rescue!"
Matt and I read an article about how homework is often more negative than positive when it comes to elementary school kids. We struggle a lot to get Jack to do his homework. He just hates it after spending all day in school. After reading the article we have tried to be a bit more helpful and positive when it comes to getting it done. So, I sat with him while he read for his 20 minutes instead of having him do it on his own. It took a long time to get any reading done because he laid on me and cuddled me and hugged me and kissed me for about ten straight minutes telling me how much he loved me. I guess he definitely needs more of that than he needs homework.
Hank's prayer tonight went like this, "I love mom and I love dad. I love everybody in the whole world. Except for bad guys and zombies. The end!"
Pete continues to be obsessed with chapstick. And he still calls it "lips" or, as he pronounces it, "Veece." He is usually holding a chapstick and then also bringing me the Vaseline from the bathroom drawer about five times a day, too.
Hank came in and slipped in the kitchen. He laid on the floor, whining. When I asked if he was ok he said, "I broke my leg." Then he started feeling better and said, "But it didn't fall off."
I think all of my kids have gone through this stage to some degree, but Pete is definitely in a stage where things must be done very particularly. For example, he loves having his daily gummy vitamins. But it has to go down that you open the jar and set the lid on the counter. Then Pete takes the lid. When you hand him the vitamins, he hands you the lid. Maybe it's his way of holding the lid ransom until the vitamins are paid up. I'm not sure, I just know I stick to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment