December 4, 2009

Janey-head

Tomorrow's the fifth. Which means you get a very long and very detailed and very child-obsessed post about my girl. Because really, is there anything cuter than your own kids?

Jane kept trying to tell me something about shampoo. I was so lost. Finally I realized she was talking about Pooh, which apparently she thought was simply a nick name.

Jane put a silk scarf on her head and said, "I'm SO married."

Jack dropped his paci. I reached down to get it as Jane came running over. She was pretty upset when I got it first. She told me, "I wanted to get it. I want you to say, "Oh, that was so nice."

Jane likes to pass on her life-lessons to her brother. Like after an episode of Super Why about not tricking people, she went to Jack, put her arm around him and said, "It's not nice to trick people, Jack."

Jane and Jack and I spend an unfortunate amount of time together at the ENT office. When he looks into my ear she usually says something sweet like, "It doesn't hurt mom? I love you, mom."

For family night we talked about the story of the good samaritan. We acted it out, having one person fall down, one person walk by rudely, and one person pretend to doctor up the hurt person. Jane loved being the one to help. When it was her turn to fall down and I walked by acting mean her eyes got huge and sad. We had to take a time out to explain that it was just for pretend--just for the story.

Jane asked me about Jack: "What's his also name?" I answered John. She told me it was John, Jack, big boy, and buddy.

Jane has generously received a lot of hand-me-downs, and gifts from people over time. She tends to know exactly who gave her what. When she doesn't know she always asks, like before putting her shirt on, "What somebody gave me these?" Then I'll tell her. She usually lights up and sighs, "Oh, thank you!" And like with the pink table Candis gifted her with last year. She got a mark on it and said, "Oh no, Candis will be so sad."

Jane was eating something and said, "I love these because they are so dinnery."

I was singing Jingle Bells in the car and Jane was having me sing it over and over and over again. She kept saying it like I was the radio though. One time she said, "I want it on again because I love a lot of it."

Poor Jane said about Matt after we'd been gone for a week, "My dad is dead." I tried to explain to her what dead means and how Daddy isn't dead. Later she told me, "My dad is a little bit dead."

Jane got a case of the throw-ups while in Missouri. The first time she threw up it was only a tiny little bit. But she looked at me very seriously, shook her head and said, "That was NOT yummy."

Jane saw a big dog that was waiting with some people at the KC airport. She begged me to pet it so we approached the couple and they were so sweet to Jane. Jane pet the dog for about 10 minutes. Jane knew just how to get those dog-lovers to adore her. She said in her sweetest voice while hugging their dog, "I love dogs." Then she put on a stink-face and said, "But I don't like cats." They laughed for about two straight minutes and kept telling me how much they loved my daughther. I didn't have the heart to tell them that Jane bawls when she sees a cat and can't pet it.

And my fun-loving gal has confirmed my fears this month. I've always feared that she will have the potential to be a great student and to learn a lot, but that she will choose to goof off and have fun instead. And sure enough, after a couple weeks of reading a dozen little readers all by herself, she announced, "I don't like reading." And since I don't want to push her, there you have it: A girl that can read quite well but would rather run around making up songs about poo poo instead.

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is a great picture at the end! I love reading your monthly updates about her...since I don't really get to see her monthly. Or even YEARLY. More like once every few years. Can we please be better friends now? :)

Shauna said...

oh man i love that kid. she is a hoooot.

Clair said...

Jane... gotta love her!

Candis Ellis said...

She really is a sweet sweet girl. We have missed her around here. James has asked if she moved away :( can't wait to see you guys!

cara said...

Jane is so cute! I can't believe she's already reading!!