1. I expected to be freezing cold within 10 minutes of entering my parents house. I did not expect my dad to keep the thermostat at 70 after I put it there. Thanks Dad.
2. I expected to see the new carpet my parents recently had put in. I did not expect to see that my parents take their shoes off everytime they go from the linoleum to the carpet, and slip them back on each time they go from the carpet to the linoleum. Somewhat reminiscent of the placement of towels on the new cars' floorboards.
3. I expected for Jane to be excited to see Papa. I did not expect Jack to cry at the mere sight of him.
4. I expected to see a dozen or so love notes lying around that my parents have written each other. I did not expect to see one addressed to "Boo Boo" from "Boo Bee".
5. I expected to see some wild turkey or deer in the woods behind my parents house. I did not expect to see two dead deer on the road to church.
6. I expected Jane to miss being able to put on dress-up dresses. I did not expect her to get so desperate as to go through the motions of putting on a dress and then annouce, "I'm wearing a dress" while twirling around.
7. I expected to have a good time while visiting. I did not expect to dread having to go back to doing my own cooking and cleaning again.
Well, two more weeks of slacking off. Two more weeks of Jane following Papa around. Two more weeks of crafting. Yes, I said crafting. That's probably a shock to some. I haven't "created" in a very long time. But I'm taking advantage of my mom's sewing machine and making some very small and imperfect gifts for Jack and Jane.
Thankfully Jack has sinced warmed up to Papa and now gives his smiles out freely. And luckily for Jane her cousin Aubrey came to play and brought 2 dresses! Good thinking Sara!

4 comments:
Sounds like your having fun! I know my mom didn't like coming back from Hawaii and cleaning and cooking.
HAHA!! I loved reading that!! Thank you for letting Aubrey over to play with Jane....she was soooooooo excited! I love all the constant familiars of your parents house, I hope that when my kids are grown they have those same feelings towards our house (not negatives like, the house is still dirty and laundry is never done...just like I remember)! I am rather shocked your dad kept it at 70!!! Amazing!
Good one! I did not know about the new carpet! I shall make sure we all come with decent socks. That is funny about the towels- they were always getting bunched up and annoying. Glad it's not too cold. Oh- and the love notes cracked me up- yes, they haved moved beyond Sasparilla. Glad Jane is having fun and that Jack is getting warmed up. Can't wait- just 4 more days. Love ya.
What a vacation. Can't wait to see the finished products of your crafty adventures. Maybe if you put up a post about it, all the craft blogs will pick up on the thread and you'll be the next Martha Stewart. Have a safe trip back home (if you aren't there already). On a side note, I always wished I had been able to experience Windsor.
Post a Comment