July 5, 2009

Fun-Loving Gal


Jane wishes that every moment of every day could be a party. She's not satisfied with just playing around the house anymore. (which is really inconvenient timing). All day she'll ask: Yet's go to playground. Yet's go to pet store. Yet's go to Sharon's house. Yet's go to party. And when she does get to do something fun it is traumatic when it has to end.

Other than her constant boredom Jane has taken to her role as big sister this month like a champ. So far there hasn't been any instances of jealously (except for asking her Aunt Julie and Aunt Sharon to put Jack down and hold her). Well, she has occasionally asked me to not feed Jack so that I could get something for her, but overall she is being quite helpful. I can ask her to rock the car seat carrier for a couple minutes while I try to get ready to go out the door and she is learning how to gently put Jack's binky back in his mouth. (Yes, we are trying to use the word binky this time around). She loves to hold him and comes running if she hears him crying to see what's the matter. And she's learned to say "He fussin'". And according to her he is "so tute" (but not pretty). She let's me know when the sun is in Jack's eyes in the car because she'll usually exclaim, "He's winking at me!" And Jane gets most excited when she sees Jack making signs. She often points out the letter's he's making with his hands. "He make an E!!" "He make an S!!" And whoever told me that once the new baby was born Jane would seem gigantic was totally right. Whenever I go to help her get dressed or buckle her in her seat I can't believe how enormous and long her limbs are. They seem to go on for miles. And cutting her nails seems like a joke. They are huge!

But enough about Jack, this is about Jane.

Jane has started to say some things that can get pretty embarrassing when said in public. Like in WalMart she loudly expressed, "Well, I'm mad at you and you're mad at me!" And for some reason (I promise we don't beat her) she is constantly saying in a pleading voice, "Don't hurt me!"

Sometimes she is sweet about her request not to get hurt. Like when she scraped her foot against Matt's toenail she said, "Gotta be really careful with me. I your friend."

One time Matt was explaining to Jane that she shouldn't do something she had done. He kept repeating it and Jane said, "I won't! I said! Don't talk again."

Matt was eating tuna fish one day and Jane went into the kitchen and said, "What stinks?" "Tuna fish." "You eating it? Ew, that's gross."

Jane was playing with my phone and at the same time Gaylene called. When she heard Gaylene's voice she got excited and said, "I win!"

Matt told Jane to do something. Jane said no. Matt said, "Don't say no." Jane lied, "I said nose."

Jane requested I sing her a song. After a few lines she interrupted me and said, "Sing it prettier."

Jane and I had a day out before the baby came. We went to see Charlotte's Web at a dollar theater. That night at dinner I was prompting her with her prayer. It went like this:
Mom: We're thankful...
Jane: Thankful for the movie.
Mom: We're thankful for the food.
Jane: We're thankful for the food at the movie.
Mom: We're thankful for our family.
Jane: We're thankful family go to movie.

Sometimes she makes patently false claims. Matt had his yellow exercise shorts on and when Jane saw them, her eyes lit up and she said, "I like your shorts. I like yellow. I bought them for you."

Well, the majority of this month for Jane was consumed with what is technically referred to as "stool retention." I don't have the energy to go into it but suffice it to say it has been the hardest thing we have dealt with as parents (and probably for Jane, too). But when we finally got Jane to poop again she was so excited to find out that it in fact didn't hurt. I walked by her room and heard her singing the "doesn't hurt, poo poo doesn't hurt" song.

Here's Jane enjoying one of her bribes for going poo (not sure if Matt earned his or not):

And here's our fun-loving gal enjoying a parade with her friend James.

9 comments:

Megan said...

It was so fun to see you guys the other day! We really need to get together more often. I love the things Jane says!!! I was laughing so hard!

Jenni said...

Hooray that Jane and Jack are getting along so famously. And Matt told me all about the stool retention business. Poor Jane.

The Griner Family: said...

Ella, I don't know if you remember but back before Ainsley was born you and Matt watched Aubrey/Caleb while I was in Utah. I guess Matt said he had to change Caleb's diaper and he couldn't believe how heavy or much was in the diaper compared to little baby Jane!!!

Christina said...

I am so glad that the stool retention is behind you (no pun intended). Some of these things had me laughing out loud. The sing it prettier line is just classic. And I'm sad that Addie and Sam didn't get to enjoy the parade with everyone else- next year!

Kate said...

These Jane posts are always so full of cutesy things I want to comment on, but I cannot possibly address them all in a little blog comment. So I always end up saying the same thing: the girl is hilarious, that's all there is to it. I wish I knew the tune to that poop song, it sounds so catchy!

Sharon said...

I love the fact that Jane said, "Nose." What a little liar. And I especially love that when toddlers lie, they really think you can't figure it out.

bakerfam said...

Love it, she is so full of life. Aren't you glad you don't have a boring kid who wouldn't give you any material. Love the sing it prettier, got to love the honesty.

cara said...

When Jane was here she kept saying (to everything she saw that she liked) I love that! They're so pretty! I bought them for you!

Clair said...

I love hearing about Jane. I had to save this post to read when I had time to take it all in. "I said nose."- she is so funny.