July 12, 2009

Jack turns one month old

Little Johnny boy is the big 1 month today. So obviously I need to start his monthly posts. But as you can imagine there really isn't much to say about a one-month-old baby. Here's some of the highlights.

*Jack is still pretty small. He's still wearing size "newborn" clothes. He is starting to fit into some of the very small 0-3 clothes but most are still too big. And a week ago a stranger asked me if Jack was a premie. But I think he weighs about 9 pounds now.
*His umbilical cord didn't come off until he was 3 weeks and 4 days old.
*Jack is obsessed with being on his side. We first realized this only days after he was born when we would lay him on his back and he would squirm onto his side. He's even managed to avoid the tortures of tummy time by wriggling into his beloved side lying position.
*Dad claims that I have a "Mommy crush" on Jack and it is so true.
*When he cries sometimes Jane comes running, "My baby brother is sad!"
*Jack doesn't like the car seat too much. I found that playing the children's hymns cd with the annoyingly high pitched children's voices works quite well to quiet him down.
*Either he gets awfully gassy when I talk in a sing-songy voice or we've been able to catch a few of his first cute little smiles.

Well, look at that. That's a respectable amount of asterisks. Now for some pictures. (Not actually from today but from the last week or so.



7 comments:

Clair said...

Lovin' the half-grin. And the last photo rocks. I totally have a "mommy crush" on Seth! Good stuff.

The Griner Family: said...

How cute!! Ainsley still hates her car seat. Very inconvenient!

Ashlee said...

Love it!! He is too precious. Oh and I love the new fam photo on your sidebar, you all look fantastic.

Jenni said...

At last an update on Jack! Super cute. I like the picture of him with Jane signing in the background. At least, that's what it looks like she's doing. I wish you guys could come to California this weekend. I guess I'll just have to plan a trip to Utah instead.

bakerfam said...

finally some new pictures! They are adorable. I am so jealous of your pictures, the last one is so freaking cute, I love it. He looks so much like Jane!

MomandDad said...

Thanks for the pics. I love them and all the update. I would just love to hold him. He is so adorable. What a cute family.

Kate said...

He is a little stud! Definitely a keeper. Congrats on making it through the first month as a mother (and father) of two!