July 25, 2009

It's Déjà Vu All Over Again.

I've been looking through some old photos and have come to the conclusion that this year is one big Groundhog's Day. We're all doing the same stupid stuff.

Jane still likes to romp through the overgrown grass in our "garden."

Last year:This year:
What if it's bright outside, Matt? Then she puts on some sunglasses:
What about blowing on dandelions, Matt? Is she still doing that?What does it look like to you?
Okay, but surely she's not still stomping in puddles, right? And if she is, I know she wouldn't be doing it in black and white.Wrong again, doofus.
Alright, so Jane likes a lot of the same things, Matt, but come on, what about Ella? Yeah, what about her? Well, I mean, certainly she wouldn't get the same exact operation on her ear where they slice the back of it, flip it open like a lid, and scoop a bunch of junk out of her mastoid bone, would they? First of all, where do you get off being so disgusting on my blog? And secondly, Ella's a big girl, she can get whatever operation she wants, and as many times as she wants. Alright, I apologize, this is your blog and I didn't know you were eating, but come on, don't tell me she would do that at the beginning of July both years.
Next question, ding dong.
Okay, Matt, I can see you're a little testy--though I'm not sure why--so I'm just going to ask one more question: Is there anything new about this year? Anything at all? Something that won't make you testier? And that might be kind of a corny way to end this post? Quit busting my chops. We have a son.

9 comments:

Clair said...

LOVE IT! Especially the part about Jane still jumping in puddles in blk and white. I did not know Ella had the ear surgery again! Oh no! Everything looks brighter with a cute little bubba around though.

buchanancasa said...

I just gasped. You poor thing, having to go through that again! Did they not do a good job the first time? I want to help you; I hope I still have your correct email address.

The Griner Family: said...

Wow! I didn't know you had to repeat the surgery. Hope you are doing well. Love the pictures of Jane!!

Jenni said...

I noticed something new besides Jack. Matt has taken to writing full two-part conversations with the blogosphere on the blog. I didn't notice any of that happening last year.

Molly said...

Poor girl! You had to have it done again? Let's make this year the last year. :)

cara said...

Cute pics. Hope you're feeling better Ella! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Megan said...

Ha Ha! Love it! Yeah, and the ear surgery AGAIN...that sucks! Ella, hope you're doing all right!

Kate said...

Poor Ella. I am happy that he reposted that awesome picture of you from the surgery round 1. But I am sad you had to do it again. You might not have two good ears, but at least you've got two good kids now.

Sharon said...

At least your deja vu doesn't involve vomit all over your car on road trips.