First of all, as Matt has already detailed, I had my picture perfect labor and delivery. Admitted at 4 am, epidural by 5:30, pushing by 7:30 and baby in my arms at 7:54. I really enjoyed the time between 5:30 and 7:30, as I was able to think about and chat with Matt about the excitement of what was happening. For me it was the perfect setting to meet my new little son. I loved meeting this new special person for the first time. I fell in love instantly. And I loved staying at the hospital with just me and the new little love in my life. Our first week home has been great. Matt was able to stay home and it's been a nice time for our family. I think the post-birth adrenaline is starting to fade though, because as I woke up this morning I felt like I had been hit by a semi-truck.
Anyway, enough sentimentality. Here are some pictures of Jack at one week old.



So far Jane has been handling the change like a champ. She has been very agreeable and good natured. The day after Jack came home she woke up in the morning as usual. A few minutes later she remembered and said, "The baby's here!" And wanted to go see him. She often asks to hold the baby but especially enjoys him when he is awake. She brings him pretend food and has him pretend to eat it. She also likes to put her pink floral doll blanket on him.



Now if only babies could remain as sleepy and good-natured as they are in their first week of life. I'm anxious to see just what kind of baby he will be but at least I know I love him and want to keep him.
16 comments:
I love that you felt this way with Jack.. It's exactly how I felt with Eliot (minus the perfect delivery). Instant love. Nick didn't stay at the hospital overnight, so it was just me and Eliot. I think that's what helped seal the deal for me.
Awesome! Super cute close-ups of Jack! The one of Jane holding Jack reminds me of Livvy holding Paul- proud big sister and disconcerted little brother wondering when he gets to go back to momma. Don't you love those one piece nightgowns? I would have used only those if I could. Glad all is going well and that your first week at home has been so nice! Where did you get Jane's blog shirt?-- too funny!
Clair, I found it at D.I. and thought it was so hilarious that I snagged i for a dollar.
So glad you had a better experience with little Jack. What a good looking baby!!!
Oh he is so adorable. Yes I know that love. Some great shots. I can't wait to see him and hold him. It looks like Jane is loving him too. The first one you are so new but when the second one comes along you are more relaxed and can really enjoy them. Love all of you.
Wow, seriously adorable. He is looking more like Jane, too. You guys (by this I mean Matt) take the best pics, I am so jealous. My newborns actually look like weird newborns in all their pictures. I'm so glad it's going so well. What a cutie.
I was just looking through them again and by the way, Jane looks so cute and old all of the sudden. In the one of her golding him she looks like a little girl not a toddler!
Ella, he's so stinking cute! And how cute is Jane with her little brother? LOVE it.
Congrats!!! Jack is so adorable. Hope all is well and can't wait to see more pics.
Isn't it amazing how old the first-born looks once the second one arrives? They seem enormous! So glad to hear she's adjusting well.
Yay You're in Love! As it should be. Loving the pictures. He's a little cutie. Also, I'm happy the tshirt finally made it to the blog! And I'm not offended in the least that your blog is better than mine :)
So cute! I'm glad your labor and delivery went well! He is beautiful.
Oh, he is SO beautiful! I am happy that Jane is filling her role so well :) I have more to comment, but obviously you have had enough for one post. haha!
P.S. Love the new blog look. Boy colors are coming out already! Jane's shirt rocks!
Congratulations, Ella! Baby Jack is adorable. I can't wait to see a picture of him in his new bathrobe.
He's so cute! Good work guys!!
Jack is adorable! Can't wait to see you guys! I haven't seen you in a while!
Post a Comment