In 2014 I started a New Year's memory jar and we were supposed to write down random things that happened throughout the year and then read it on the next New Year's Eve. That never happened. But here's what we did get:
January 5, 2014: Jane was playing with Max and Leah and hit her head on the rock wall. She came down screaming, "Help! There's so much blood coming from my head!" She was so scared to go to the hospital but ended up being really brave. She got seven stitches.
January 17, 2014: Hank learned to jump.
January 21, 2014: Grandma Grinder came and stayed for a week. They played Legos, transformers, Guess who, etc.
January 24, 2014: A long surgery day for mom. Dropped off at 11 and didn't get home until 11.
January 26, 2014: Hank turned 2! We celebrated at home with Nate and Grandma Griner. He got a Cozy Coupe! Jane and Jack did timed races in it after Hank went to bed.
April 14, 2014: Monique came to visit! On the 6th we went to AF canyon and explored a new walking path.
May 10, 2014: Jane scored her first soccer goal!!
May 10, 2014: Pete rolled over. He just tipped his head and whoop, rolled over. He did it several times.
May 11, 2014: A wonderful mother's day. Pete slept through the night, a necklace from Jack, and a notebook from Jane. Went to the Sabin's for dinner.
May 29, 2014: Jane won 2nd place in a running race against all first grade girls!
June 10, 2014: Grandma and Grandpa Grinder came to visit. Jane liked playing Trouble with Grandma, and Jane and Jack loved going to the children's museum with them.
June 12, 2014: Jack turned five! We had Lucky Charms for breakfast, went to a children's museum, and had pizza and chocolate cupcakes. His RC Ninja turtle truck was his favorite.
Also in 2014 I started using the really cool app, Day One. It's pretty nifty, but it just didn't last for me. I love how I started strong both years, though. :)
The PDF is too large to open in Google Docs but I'm not sure how else to embed a PDF in blogger. For now I'll hope that this link will always allow me to download it, though, so that when I'm 80 I can still access it. (Ok, yeah, I'm thinking I need a better plan here). Anyway, here is a link to the PDF:
No comments:
Post a Comment