January 24, 2016

Pete learns words

What a busy week!  I only have a few notes jotted down, unfortunately.

First, did I ever share this picture of Jane holding her artwork for a school art show?  We were so proud of her.  Matt told her he overheard a sixth grader saying she liked it, and that was good enough for Jane.  She just couldn't believe that a sixth grader liked it! :)


On New Year's Day I thought I'd try out a potential tradition and announced that we were going to spend the day as a family completely without screens.  Jane wailed like I had told her we were going to attempt to go without eating. I had new board games that I had bought for the family.  We played those and then the kids stared at me wondering what in the world we were going to do next.  It seemed like we weren't going to be able to  Somehow we managed to survive and by the end I think the kids had finally gotten into the spirit of the day.

Jack was still into playing games for awhile after New Year's.  He had gotten out the little kid's monopoly game and asked, "Is mom or dad gonna verse me?"

Pete is learning words faster than we are aware of them.  He always surprises us by saying something new.  For awhile he was calling all of the boys' figurines "guys" but now he knows which one is the Flash and even says Yoda as "doda."  He always insists on getting dressed right away after getting changed in the morning or after his bath.  And he always asks for his clothes as if it is just one word, "shirtpants! shirtpants!"  He often adds an "e" sound to the end of his words, "shut-y" "head-y".  It's adorable.  He's into apple juice these days and always asks for "babble doo."  He loves playing with dice and every time we go to Sharon's he asks within a few minutes for the "die" and heads towards the bedroom where they are kept.  He also really likes bunnies.  He has a stuffed bunny he sleeps with, a bunny book, and some small bunny toys.  He always excitedly says "munny!"

1 comment:

MomandDad said...

Hooray for Jane. Pete is such a cutie. Love that little guy.