January 11, 2016

Hank makes us laugh

Hank must be at a really quote-able age.  He's been cracking us up.


The other day Hank was completely stuck on the idea of painting our van red.  He said he didn't like gray and he wanted to paint it red.  I kept responding with something like, "Oh, maybe we can paint it someday, etc."  Then when we got home he asked me to get out the paints.  I asked why and he explained he was ready to go paint the van.

Hank was also very adamant that we make him a jet pack. He did not like being told that that wasn't going to happen.

Poor Hank is dying for his birthday to come soon.  He keeps laying on the floor whining about it and saying, "But it's taking forever!"

Hank still speaks with quite a few consonant replacements.  He can be hard to understand when you don't know what he's talking about.  So, when Hank tries to tell us what Pokemon to look up in an encyclopedia book of Pokemon it is downright impossible.

I was picking up Hank to put him in his car seat and I said, "You're getting so much heavier!"  Hank said, "Yeah, I'm getting bigger." Then he said, "I like myself." Then he laughed and said, "Everybody likes themselves!"

Several months ago Hank was at the nursery at church and Matt was next door teaching a class.  With five minutes left of church the nursery leader brought Hank into the room Matt was teaching.  Matt said the door opened and Hank yelled out, "Dad!  Poo poo coming!"  Matt was trying to wrap things up with his lesson but Hank yelled out again, "Poo poo coming!  Been coming the whole time!"

Hank seems to have been born with a very awesome approach to life in which he recognizes that the more he loves people and tells them so, the more they will love him back.  Any time he senses frustration or stress in someone he makes sure to tell them that he loves them.  One night we were having a conversation about bad guys.  Hank told me, "Nobody will ever kill me because they'll think I love everyone."

2 comments:

MomandDad said...

Hank is the cutest. Just love that guy. You can't help but love him.

Papa Griner said...

We love Hank. We miss you guys. Sending our love. The Mom and Dad.