June 15, 2015

Jack turns six!

We had a fun week.  Jack was counting down to his birthday party on Friday all week.  He had a Star Wars party with friends.  It was pretty awesome.  All the kids filled out their padawan training badges and then we had different training stations.  We found asteroids around the yard (aluminum foil balls).  We played a game where the kids took turns trying to toss pennies onto the storm trooper pictures in a muffin tin.  We had a balloon hop where the kids put star wars balloons between their knees and hopped to the finish line.  We played hot potato but with yoda using the star wars theme music.  We whacked a death star pinata.  And then the kids received their jedi certificate and their own lightsaber made out of a pool noodle cut in half (and decorated with duct tape and black tape).  It was a blast!  And I scheduled it to only be 1.5 hours long and I think it was perfect.  You'll have to take my word for it because the only picture I have is of Jack opening a present.  Matt snapped a few more towards the end but I'm not sure when we might see those. 



The night before Jack's birthday Jack told me he was feeling sad about never being five again.  He said that he didn't want to grow up.  He wants to be a kid forever because he always wants to live with us.  I assured him that he can live with us as long as he wants to. :)

After the party we zipped down to Seven Peaks with just the family.  We were only there an hour before closing but since we have passes we decided to go since Matt and I were actually both home at the same time.  It was surprisingly a lot of fun.  A lot of time is spent hanging out at the bottom of the slide with Pete and either Hank or Jack.  Jane goes down by herself and Matt and I take turns riding down with Hank or Jack on the smaller slides. It's actually a lot of fun!

Hank has been cracking us up this week.  He told me that his "first name is best plane light sabers."  When the kids were talking about phone numbers he said, "I want to say my phone number.  Nine Oh Poo.  Seven Poo.  Six Poo. Die."

Hank has an obsession with threes.  Everything is "three because I three."  So he will want three of whatever we are giving him.  One time he went to the bathroom and called for me to help him with the wiping.  He said, rather disappointingly, "I only did two poops."  I was busy, so told him to hold on.  A minute later I heard him yell excitedly, "Oh!  Three!"

Hank is very easily scared of tv shows.  Maybe I've already mentioned this.  But if Jane and Jack are watching something that he is worried might get scary at some point (we're talking little kid shows), he stands in the kitchen and watches the whole episode barely peeking from the doorway.

Well, I do have one thing about Pete.  He really wants to hold anything that he thinks is cute.  So when we go out and see ducks he will point and whine and hold his arms out to them.  He also wants to hold anything cute on TV.  When the kids were watching a baby song youtube thing Pete was freaking out holding his arms up to the TV wanting to hold the cute, animated owl.  Speaking of music, Pete LOVES dancing.  He's hilarious.  Any time he hears music he first does a quick back and forth step with a big grin and then he busts into a slower wide-stanced back and forth sway. 

Also, speaking of music. Last Sunday we went to a park in Highland where there is a little stop on a trail with stone seats and we always stop and the kids put on little performances.  I am so sad this is out of focus, but I thought Hanks song was hilarious.  To translate, it goes like this: Clap Clap Shoot Shoot Knee Knee Die Run Run Run.



I sure do love these people. 

2 comments:

MomandDad said...

You have the cutest kids. Love that Hank.

debra said...

The three poops story is hilarious.