June 7, 2015

A short one

I have a little note on my Notes app that I jot down things for the blog.  It's always the worst when I go to write my weekly blog and it's empty.  So I'll have to come up with some things from memory.

Last Sunday we were at the Sabin's house and Hank had just learned the word, "butthole" from Jane and Jack.  He got a big reaction when he first said it so he thought it was hilarious to keep saying.  I made everyone totally ignore him when he would say it and he eventually stopped after a couple days.  But Sunday was one of the days he was into the word, and I've never been so happy that he his speech is so hard for people to understand.  He called several people "butthole" including Steve but they were none the wiser.

A couple months ago Hank was stroking my hair and he said he wanted his hair to be long like mine.  I had forgotten about that until that same Sunday Cara told Hank that she really liked his hair and he told her that he wanted it to be long like his mom's.

Before Jack's t-ball game on Saturday he told me that he wasn't very good at batting.  So Matt gave him some pointers, like to keep his hands together and to choke up on the bat.  He told him about Barry Bonds and how he was such a great hitter and would choke up on the bat.  Well, the pointers really worked and Jack had three great hits.  Later that night Jack asked Matt, "Did I hit the ball as far as Barry Bonds?"

Jane has made some jokes that have genuinely cracked me up lately.  First I was in my workout clothes and dropping her off somewhere.  I asked if I could just stay in the car and she said, "Why?  Just go out there and be like, 'Hey, I'm awesome.  I work out.'"  And then Matt and I were discussing something that we weren't intending on the kids to hear.  Jane came in asking questions and I told her we weren't filling her in because it was an adult only conversation.  Then a few seconds later she peeked her head back in, smiling, and said, "You guys are going to have a hard time talking now, because I'm getting older!"


No comments: