The week started off with me doing 11 straight hours of school work on Sunday and Matt taking all the kids to Sharon's house. (Again, Matt is a champ.) Matt worked Monday, I worked Tuesday and Wednesday, and at my last client's house, in SLC, (45 minutes from home) I locked my keys in the car. I could not remember Matt's number, so after several embarrassing tries on my client's phone, and even after calling my work to see if I had possibly left his number as an emergency contact in my employee file, I finally thought to call my parents (whose number I actually had memorized) and got his number from them. So Matt had to lug all the kids up to Salt Lake at dinner time. I felt so bad and apologized when he got there. He said, with complete sincerity, "Oh, don't even worry about it." His heart is pure gold.
Thursday we got to go out on a date, probably our first in about 1.5 years. Sharon offered to watch our kids so even though I had started to feel sick that day I pumped myself full of ibuprofen and we went to The Cheesecake Factory and split three appetizers. Yumm. It was really fun to finally go out together. By that night though, once the Ibuprofen wore off, my fever hit and my throat was feeling horrible. When I still couldn't sleep by midnight, and my fever was 102, Matt ran to the store for NyQuill. Friday, Matt took care of the kids while I went to the doctor, pharmacy, skyped in to some work meetings, and tried to get better. The next morning Matt had already done the dishes and taken Jack to an early morning t-ball game. He told me when he got home that he hadn't wanted me to worry about the house. When I was finally coming out of the sick coma on Saturday I told him that being sick had really set me back on Father's Day plans. He told me not to worry about it and that the best Father's Day for him would be for me to be happy and not stressed out. I told him that he is literally the best person I know.
The kids got a lot of pool time in at Sharon and Steve's house. I haven't even been able to see them swim but I was told what they have been up to and I just don't believe it! They've taught Jane to do a kneeling half-dive thing, Jack is jumping off the diving board (with his water wings) and Hank is jumping in from the side to be caught. Matt didn't understand why I was so shocked so I had to remind him that just last summer Jack was refusing to get his face wet!
Jack had his last tball game and got a participation medal. He's pretty proud. At the game I was able to go to, Jack was bummed he didn't get a really good hit in. I told him I thought his hits were good though. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment