The kids didn't seem to mind my absence, but I sure do love their excited faces when I come home. They managed to make it to one Lehi Roundup Parade. To get out of taking them to another parade, Matt bribed them with a movie and candy. They went swimming at Sharon's house one day, and Hank has been playing a lot of play-doh and Jane and Jack have been playing Legos. The entire bar in the kitchen has been full of their legos since Jack's birthday. Every so often I announce, Ok, today is the day we clean up these legos. And then they beg me and tell me how much they play with them and I realize it actually doesn't matter that the bar is full legos after all.
Hank continues to win us over with his big, kind heart. He always asks before doing or eating anything, and it always starts with "Pease I.....?" Matt told Hank that he could use Jack's dry erase board but before he did he found Jack and said, "Pease I use that?" One day I got a little frustrated about something that had to do with Hank. I, of course, can't remember it now. I think I breathed a sigh of frustration, which Hank picked up on as he is very sensitive to anyone showing any degree of unkindness towards him. So when he noticed I was frustrated he said, "I love you, mom." Then Matt hugged him and said, "You're such a peacemaker." Hank replied, "I love everybody be happy."
Jack's t-ball season is over but he's been waking up wanting to play each day. He plays catch with Matt and practices batting and has really been improving.
The kids have a few school things they are supposed to be working on throughout the summer. Jane is awesome at it. She does her little math problems and she writes nonfiction reports about birds, but lately she's been really into writing fiction stories and I love them.
Pete has been coming out of his shell a little more it seems. He actually let Matt mow the other day while walking with him and holding one pinky. Matt said it took four hours, but it was improvement. :) He also takes the hose and pretends to water plants. He absolutely LOVES music. Matt gave him his own pandora station and Pete's preferred music is reggae. He points to the TV, which means he wants to listen to music. If a song comes on he doesn't like he instantly points to the remote to have you skip it. If he likes it, he jams out. I'll have to try to take a video of him dancing soon!
For now, here is a video of Hank that Matt took. The kids were watching a Tinkerbell movie and this is how Hank reacted to the part where the father of a little girl was frustrated that the fairies had disturbed his room and the daughter wasn't taking responsibility but claiming it was the fairies who had done it. :)
1 comment:
Hank is such a cutie. What a guy.
Post a Comment