Well, I always intended to do a regular Janeisms quote on the fifth. But she's had a few posts about her lately, and I think it's time I give a shout out to my man, Jack.
Jack is getting very opinionated. He complains, by arching his back and screaming, anytime something does not go his way. Honestly, I tend to give him whatever he wants. It's just easier. So, when he's doing something dangerous and I actually have to make him stop, he isn't too happy. And it's not the "I'm upset, please hold me and make me better" cry. He won't be held. He'll just go around screaming and crying until he feels better. Or sometimes he'll cry for you to hold him, then immediately cry to get down (repeat 50 times).
He got his first taste of a gummy vitamin this month. I thought I was being nice. But when he wanted more and realized he wasn't going to get it he threw a full-fledged tantrum. He cried and wailed at the vitamin cupboard clapping his hands (meaning he wants more). He went back and forth between Matt and I pushing and hitting our legs.
He also complains (screams) when Jane hugs him. But she doesn't just hug him, she squeezes his head off or knocks him down. He's so used to that now that when she does try to hug him nicely he still complains. It makes her sad. Hopefully they'll find a way to share their affection some day.
One day Jack brought me Jane's new shoes. He wanted me to put them on him. He wore them around for quite awhile.
One of Jack's favorite "toys" these days is my wallet. He loves to take out all the credit cards. So anytime he sees it, like when I take it out to pay at the store he tells me (screams) that he wants it. And as I've already explained I usually give it to him. Then I wised up and bought a new wallet and kept my old wallet full of old gift cards and such for him. It won't last very long. They always know when you're tricking them.
Jack got a hair cut this month. It was getting pretty long on top, but it was so thin I thought it looked kind of weird. Plus there was just one patch of longish hair in the back. My idea was to do a quick all over with clippers. I wanted his hair to be about an inch long all over so I don't know why I chose a 2 clip guard. I started right in the front--and it was so short! I felt sick to my stomach. I had no choice but to continue. I couldn't look at him without feeling horrible. I knew Matt was not going to be happy. I'm used to it now of course. And I think he still looks cute.
Jack loves books. I think I might have written that last month. We noticed that he gets a little frustrated when it comes to this page in one of our books.
He just turns it around and around trying to find the right way to hold it.
Jack has said all sorts of different words and animal sounds this month. I can't remember them all. Mostly because he doesn't continue to say them! He'll start saying a word one day, use it for a couple days and then act like he's never said it before. And he'll NEVER say it when you ask him to. We'll look at a book, I'll point to the picture of the ball and say, "Can you say ball?" He won't of course. But you can hear him say it plenty if you listen to him throughout the day. He also refuses to answer any sort of "What does a dog say?" questions. But when he's playing with a dog you might catch a "woof woof" here and there. It's maddening! The other night he saw a monkey and said, "ooh ooh aah aah". Adorable, right? But he refuses to do it again. It reminds me of when he was a newborn and refused to nurse on anyone's schedule but his own. It had to be his idea or it wasn't happening.
He's still learning new signs. Cat and dog are pretty cute ones he's started doing. He loves hot dogs (I feel the need to explain that they are uncured and made without nitrates). One day he's sitting in his high chair and out of the blue says, "Ha Da". Only he very deliberately did a sign while saying it. It consists of him tapping his fingers against his armpit areas. I guess he just made that sign up all by himself. He said "Ha Da" for a couple days but now only does the armpit tapping.

Jack has said all sorts of different words and animal sounds this month. I can't remember them all. Mostly because he doesn't continue to say them! He'll start saying a word one day, use it for a couple days and then act like he's never said it before. And he'll NEVER say it when you ask him to. We'll look at a book, I'll point to the picture of the ball and say, "Can you say ball?" He won't of course. But you can hear him say it plenty if you listen to him throughout the day. He also refuses to answer any sort of "What does a dog say?" questions. But when he's playing with a dog you might catch a "woof woof" here and there. It's maddening! The other night he saw a monkey and said, "ooh ooh aah aah". Adorable, right? But he refuses to do it again. It reminds me of when he was a newborn and refused to nurse on anyone's schedule but his own. It had to be his idea or it wasn't happening.
He's still learning new signs. Cat and dog are pretty cute ones he's started doing. He loves hot dogs (I feel the need to explain that they are uncured and made without nitrates). One day he's sitting in his high chair and out of the blue says, "Ha Da". Only he very deliberately did a sign while saying it. It consists of him tapping his fingers against his armpit areas. I guess he just made that sign up all by himself. He said "Ha Da" for a couple days but now only does the armpit tapping.
And lastly, Jack may be small, but he's a wiry type. He pushes Jane around on her Dora car and that's not easy to push on the carpet! Then there's the time that I let him use a wooden spoon to bang some pots with. He banged them so hard he broke my spoon in half.
We love you, Jack!
3 comments:
They are both so cute. Do you think Jack looks like Mikey from "Look Who's Talking?"
"You know Jack that's in Ella's family? He's awesome!"
Jack is SO CUTE!!! I love how he gets confused on that book! So cute!
Post a Comment