I managed to take pictures this month! And I took so many I'm splitting them up into 2 posts. First up are pictures of just the general fun we had this month. Then I'll post about our 20 days of Halloween.
The kids are getting better at playing with each other. It's a great feeling to see them play (with no hitting, yelling, or crying).
(This game above is a staple).
(The underwear below is not typical. Jack really wanted something I didn't want him to have and the only thing I had in my hand was a pair of Jane's clean underwear I was going to put in her drawer. I tried to divert Jack's attention by quickly putting it on his head. He thought it was great and so did Jane. They played like this for a long time).
Well, it snowed. Jane was so excited. She wanted to go right out and play in it. By the time we got all the snow gear on it had melted quite a bit. But Jane didn't mind. She loves the cold. Sometimes when I ask her if she wants a jacket she'll say, "No, I'm cold, but I like it."
Jack thought he'd try it out, but didn't see what all the fuss was about.
So he headed back to the sandbox instead.
Jane would have played forever if I let her.
Then they both came in and warmed their feet by the heating vent under the cabinets.

And now here's 3 random shots. This is Jane after Candis did a fancy french braid that went around her head. I sure wish I knew how to fix hair. Jane does too.
Jack requested to wear another pair of Jane's shoes. This time it was her "superhero boots" as Jane calls them. He got around quite well for oversized boots.

Jane traced circles onto paper and we labeled emotions. Then I demonstrated each emotion on my face and she drew it. It was pretty funny. After a few she really started to notice things like, "Your mouth is kind of square." I wish I took a picture after frustrated was done because it was the best. She drew 3 lines between my eyebrows and then put dots on my chin because when I made a frustrated face my chin got all dimply.

2 comments:
good stuff! love them warming their feet- so cute!
I love Jane's hand-drawn emoticons!
Post a Comment