January 31, 2010

A Picture a Day

So, have you ever heard of Project 365? I really don't know anything about it. (if there is more to know than, "take a picture every day"). But my sister mentioned it and I thought "why not?" After all, I did get a new camera for my birthday/Christmas present. It's a very small, very cheap point-and-shoot camera. So I thought it might be kind of fun. I did manage to remember to take a picture every day this month, which is the most obvious hurdle to the project. Although you will see several, "oh, no, it's midnight and I never took a picture" pictures. And I also managed to learn a few things this month:
1. When you take a picture with a very cheap point and shoot camera it looks as if you took a picture with a very cheap point and shoot camera.
2. I have been spoiled by Matt's good photography skills, which led to a warped idea that any picture should look good.
3. We are really, really boring around here.
4. I never do Jane's hair unless we leave the house.
5. We never leave the house.

Without further ado, 31 pictures that I would not blame anyone for not wanting to see:

1. "Oh no, I'm almost asleep, but I know there was something I needed to do today! Matt, hurry, put on your snuggie."
2. Jack d'oeuvres.
3. Jane is a Sunbeam! She did great. She would never stay for nursery but I think she likes feeling like a big kid.

4. Our playdough was getting old and needed to be replaced. So I let Jane mix them all together. She had a blast.
5. "Uh-oh, almost midnight. What can I take a picture of? Awww, Matt did the dishes even though it was my turn! What a sweetie."
6. Jack likes to crawl under his chair.

7. Our snow was so old and hard and crunchy that when Jane laid down to make a snow angel she didn't even make a dent in the snow!
8. "Shoot! It's midnight again!"
9. Jack and Jane enjoying a good laugh.

10. Jack plays with Jane's Dora car while waiting for the rest of us to get ready for church.
11. Jane and Jack enjoy playing with the toy Jack got from his Grandma and Grandpa J.
12. We got a new vacuum! $35. New. Worked astonishingly better than what we had been using.

13. A fantastic solution to Jack not being quite steady enough to sit on his own in the bathtub! Sorry I grabbed the hot pink one, Jack. Next time I'll use the green crate.
14. Jane takes her nap on my bed. She grabs only the essential stuffed animals for naptime.
15. Jack and Jane play under his crib. Why do we have 2x4's under there?

16. "Matt? I'm too tired to get out of bed. Can you grab my camera and take a picture of something?"
17. Jane models the cutest scarf ever. Buy one here!
18. Jack found his heaven behind the TV.

19. Pumpkin pancakes.
20. Jack likes to use the old-school Little People as a stand-in pacifier.
21. I wanted to take a picture of the birds eating from our bird feeders. I'm embarrassed that I ever thought it would be possible.

22. Jane wanted all of her duckies to have scarves.
23. What? I left the house? We went to the shorts program at the LDS Film Festival. I loved our friend's Cameron's film!
24. I told Jane to make a funny face. Is this seriously all I got for today?

25. After holding Jack for 5 minutes I realized he had something in his hand. This. He ripped up the internet corded tacked down along the wall.
26. "Geez, It's pitch black in here! I hope I'm aiming this at Jack!"
27. Jane was so terrified when her friend James played the "I'm going to get you game" that she climbed onto the kitchen table and kept running. She took a header off the table and cried forever. I ended up giving her Tylenol AND Ibuprofen to get her to go to bed.

28. Jane and her friend Agnes played ice-skating with wax paper around their feet.
29. After putting Jane's hair up into a ponytail with big-girl bangs in front she said, "It's like Abby" a little friend from church who does in fact have bangs like that.
30. Jane congratulates Aunt Julie on her "29th" birthday.

31. Me and my buster bar.

6 comments:

bakerfam said...

I'm the first to comment! Woohoo! I have to say I knew this post would be out this morning and I checked it first thing in the morning, so you have dedicated fan base. Great pics, Jane looks so old lately, I really love the bangs. Jack looks so cute in his sunday clothes.

Candis Ellis said...

Dang it! I wanted to be the first to comment! Haha.

LOVE this post. It's so fun to have a little glimpse into the fabulous lives of your little family members :)

Favorites: you being too tired, Matt in the snuggie and Jack and Jane laughing together.

Not-so-favorites: Jane lying there with head trauma thanks to MY son!

Ashlee said...

So fun! I did the Project 365 for 2009 and am so glad I did. But I will admit there were many days were I missed taking a pic (it gets hard to remember) and even more days where I have the "It's midnight, ah hurry take a pic" pics :) Your family is so cute, thanks for sharing.

The Griner Family said...

Wow! You rock!

Kate said...

Great job, Ella. That snuggie is hilarious. I love that Jack eats your cords. Well I will love it until he gets a little shock and then it will be pity. Your kids are cute. I hope one day that I or someone else from my family will make it to your picture of the day. It would be an honor :)

bryceandjamie said...

What a great idea! I love all the pics! Your kids are adorable.