
We also made our family out of tiny pumpkins:

All week Jane has been wanting to play trick or treating. We'd take turns knocking on a door and pretending to give out candy. She was so excited! She was also insanely excited to wear the balloons that were part of her costume. When will I ever learn not to tell her something exciting is coming up? She couldn't help but wake up all week asking if she could go trick-or-treating yet.
Luckily I was able to convince Matt to take an hour off work to meet us in Sandy and take some pics of our kids. Everyone in our own neighborhood seems to be getting the flu or the swine flu anyway so I was more than happy to not go knocking on those germ infested doors. Here's our kids in their gear:


Watch out for that tail!



After the photo shoot the big moment had finally arrived. After the first few houses she kept saying, "I want to go to another house." Just as I suspected. So then imagine my surprise after only about 6 or 7 houses when Jane announced. "I'm done." Julie talked her into a couple more houses and then I gave her the option of getting more candy or going back to Julie's. She chose going back. At the house she dumped out her paltry amount of candy just as she had seen in a book. She ate a few pieces and then got distracted. Julie told her to pick out some more candy from their bowl. She took 3 Laffy Taffy's and 2 Jolly Ranchers. Then she took about 5 pieces of her own candy and tossed them into Julie's bowl. Jane really didn't understand the true meaning of Halloween.


Hopefully she had fun even if she didn't get us a month's supply of candy.
8 comments:
Your kids are so adorable and the costumes are fabulous!
Cute costumes!!
Ah I love their costumes especially Janes! She makes such a srumptious grapevine! cute photos
So cute! I love the costumes.
The grapes did not disappoint! And your little dino/dragon? is adorable. I like the pumpkin family too. Very lifelike :)
cutest costumes. cutest kids. i feel like if i was close enough geographically to kidnap them, that i might actually do it.
I love that age for trick or treating. They are so sweet and innocent! I loved the costumes! Very clever.
Cute grape girl. They look really happy. Halloween is great!
Post a Comment