
It's been a pretty quiet month for Jack. His biggest accomplishment was sleeping eleven straight hours. He did that twice. Then we finally moved Jane back into her room that she now shares with Jack. At that point, of course, Jack started waking up for two feedings again. But that's okay. After a week of madness, Jane is now sleeping through almost all of his crying.
Jack is so sweet. He likes it when we hold him so he can stand up a little. I love it most when he's standing on my lap looking at me with a big, closed-mouthed, spit-bubbled grin, while doing his wobbly baby-shake dance. Yeah, I'm sure you can't quite get a mental picture of that. But hopefully in fifteen years it will still bring it back to my recollection.
Jack also loves to sleep with his head wedged into the corner of the crib. I think that cribs give babies super powers. I have only seen him move a little to the side every now and then. But somehow in his crib he manages to get to the top of his crib and into the corner every night?
Jane has been very loving to Jack this month. She likes to hug him and say, "I love my brother." Well, sometimes she says she loves her sister, but we're working on that.
He's going on his first plane ride tomorrow. Jane, Jack and I are going to be in Missouri for 3 weeks. I think Jane is going to miss her Daddy terribly. But we're looking forward to a good trip.
4 comments:
"a big, closed-mouthed, spit-bubbled grin, while doing his wobbly baby-shake dance" yeah that gives a great visual! he's a doll and I will be holding him in about 10 days! Hooray! And I have this inkling that Jane is going to fit right in with the "big kids."
so fun!! We'll miss you guys! You'll have a great time!!
Aww, we were hoping to see you and meet little Jack when we came out there next week. I guess we'll have to wait until Christmas.
Have fun in Missouri. Matt must be super busy. I texted him about food and he never responded.
Post a Comment