*One day I was crying over something (don't ask me why, I can't even remember) and I actually had tears. Jane was very concerned saying, "Mommy sad." She came over and gave me a "big hug" and then she took her little finger, wiped off one of my tears and said, "better." Obviously that could only make me feel better!
*Jane has become obsessed with bandaids. She requests them anytime something feels uncomfortable. In the mornings she has always been dramatic about her eyes bothering her when we turn on her bedroom light. Lately she has been yelling, "Bandaid! Eye!"

*Everyday when Matt comes home from work Jane requests the following sequence "Up." Daddy picks her up. "Shoulders." Daddy puts her on his shoulders. "Outside." Daddy takes her outside. "Horses." Daddy takes her for a walk to see horses.
*Among Jane's new vocabulary words is the word, "now." Which has the effect of turning every single sentence into an annoying toddler demand.
*One day Jane climbed up on her potty seat, reached into my bathroom drawer and took out three of my make up brushes (face, blush and eye). I decided to let her play with them for a minute. The next minute they were gone and I still haven't recovered them after 3 weeks. I have looked in all of her usual places and by now she probably doesn't even remember herself.
Mischievous loot:


(watching Signing Time through a floss container--very advanced wouldn't you say?)

*Even with her new mischievous tendencies Jane is still my little clean girl. One day before church I told her to get her white shoes. She got her white shoes, got a baby wipe, and wiped down her shoes until they were clean.
*Jane loves my mommy friends. She is just starting to take interest in other kids but for a while now she has been obsessed with other moms. She has been known to follow Christina around at the park asking to be held. And every time she sees a car similar to the one Candis drives she dances around excitedly saying , "Candis, Candis, Candis." And when I show her pictures on the blog she will most likely only remember the mom's names: Megan, Kate, and Laura. And of course she still likes to talk about Monique being on the phone. At least now she has a face with the name.
*It is sad to see some of Jane's baby language slipping away. Up used to always be "bo." Again=na, Strawberrry=Wadada, and Lotion=Wanana. She's starting to stop saying those although they do still pop up. I was also sad to watch her one day when we were saying a prayer. Matt and I had our arms folded and Jane had hers in the usual position--hands back to back under her chin smashing her wrists together. I watched her look at Matt's arms, my arms, and then her arms. Then she fixed her arms accordingly. I was so sad. Never even a picture to document it.
Jane with wadadas:


*Jane's vocabulary has been bursting out of control. I have had to stop being surprised and just accept that she likely knows the word for everything whether or not I think she has ever even heard it. The other day we were in the kitchen and she kept saying Ziffer. I kept saying, What's a ziffer? Finally I looked down and realized I was using the Swiffer Wet Jet to mop the floor.
We can even have heart to hearts!
6 comments:
LOVE IT!
How cute! They grow up so fast! I'm so happy that she can recognize my face! Hey, we need to get together soon. Remember last year when you said you were going to come and visit?...
Jane looks so cute in those pictures! I love her! So when are you guys coming over? Love you lots! Cara
I love this post. Jane is soooo cute and does so many cute things! I can't wait to document funny things that our baby does. I love her curly hair!
It's so fun to see everything they're doing all at once. The bandaids on the eyes crack me up. Jane is just adorable.
So SAD how fast they grow up!! Glad Maddie's not the only "terrible" one!
Post a Comment