The kids have had a busy week. Jane, Jack, and Hank got to go with
their Aunt Julie to the aquarium on Monday. Jane had mentioned it
several times this summer and I knew it was just never going to happen
because we are now to the point that doing things as a whole family is
just way too much money. So they were all thrilled when Julie invited
them. They had a great time. Jane was so excited that she was brave
enough to touch the sting rays this time. And Jack, I hear, was so
enthusiastic to touch the rays that he nearly fell in. You can see how
his hair is wet in the bottom picture. A big thank you to Julie!


Jane and Jack started school on Wednesday. (Jane-third, and Jack-first). It seems crazy to me that Jack is going to be gone all day. First grade is crazier than kindergarten I think. So far he seems ok with it. But they haven't started giving homework, yet. Their school this year has split everyone into different houses with Latin names. Jane and Jack happened to both get put into the same house-Probitas. They had to wear their shirts the first day of school. You can't tell in the picture but Jack's is enormous and you can only see a few inches of his shorts peeking out from the bottom.
Jane was excited to have her good friend from 1st grade in her class. This is the friend who she and Jane talked "baby talk" all first grade and within minutes of seeing that she was going to be in her class Jane busted out her baby talk voice. Matt and I are not looking forward to that. She seems to really like her class and teacher so far. She said that being in third grade feels so old.
Jack hated the first day of school where they did a lot of "house" stuff. The second went much better when he was just in his regular classroom. By the third day he had pretty much everything still in his lunch box when he came home. When I asked about it he explained that he really just wanted to go to recess. I have a friend whose kids go to another school and they do recess and then lunch. That seems brilliant to me now.
On the second day Jack asked me, "Did you know they have these things that are just like on the wall that you can pee into? You don't pull your pants down all the way to the floor, that would just be weird. But you just get through that hole in your underwear and just go with your underwear still up." I'm so proud of him for just intuitively knowing that you can't drop your pants and undies to the floor when using a urinal. :)
We went to the arboretum for Matt's family fun night pick. I stayed by the pond with Pete while Matt went up the trail a bit with the others. He called me and said, "Guess what Hank just said?" My guess was, "Poo poo coming?". Ding, ding, ding. That is always how Hank says it, and always with the enthusiasm it deserves. Poo poo tomin'!
Pete busted out a few new words this week. He said baby and pineapple. He loves pineapple and he's also been loving on his baby doll-gives it lots of kisses. He definitely only says something if he wants to though!
This next week will be the start of school for both me and Hank. I am stressed to the max but hoping I can survive another semester. I think Hank will really love his preschool, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment