My classes started this week. Holy cow. There is constantly something due. We went from crazy busy to not enough hours in the day busy. One positive has been that when I come home I have been getting the longest and sweetest hugs from Pete. I'm talking ten minutes sometimes. He puts both his arms around my neck and doesn't let go. It is so sweet.
Hank has noticed that Pete freaks out when Hank is with us. When he went to hug Matt he said, "Yet's make Pete jeayous."(Let's make Pete jealous).
Jane was watching Wild Kratts the other day. She said, It's too bad Chris and Martin are dead. I was like, what are you talking about? This show isn't old! They are still making it.
Hank is being so cute lately. He is trying out jokes lately. He absolutely cracked himself up when he made up the name "bumbum face". And he likes to tell Matt, "You mommy" and then Matt will talk in a girl voice and Hank will laugh and say, "No, you daddy!" He is also telling us multiple times a day, out of the blue, "I love you." So we always say, "I love you, too". And then he says, "I love you too."
Pete went to the infectious disease specialist. He is not too concerned. The most common reason for neutrophil levels to get low is from having a bad virus. And then it can be hard to break the cycle as you keep getting sick from having low white blood cell. We will be retesting his blood this Wednesday but it's nice to not be too concerned at this point.
Jack got a sucker at church. On the drive home he said, "This is as good as hell." Jane laughed and Matt asked, "What did you say?" Jack said, "Dad, you say hell."
We went to the Harrison arboretum at BYU as a family. The kids were kind of complaining in the car about how long it was taking and wondering what it was going to be like. When we pulled up and the kids saw the trees and the walkways all three of them (Pete doesn't count) started squealing and jumping out of their seats. Matt and I felt so pleased with ourselves, for having raised a family of nature lovers so far. :) They were excited before they even saw the pond and the ducks and the turtles. But that really took them over the top. Jane was the most enthusiastic throughout the entire stroll. She said, "This is almost as good as California." Also, "This shouldn't an arboretum. This should be heaven." And when we were driving home she announced, "I have to be honest. This was the best day of my life."
Pete enjoyed being there as much as the other kids. He loves being outside.



1 comment:
Thanks for the blog. Loved it.
Post a Comment