This week the kids were home from school for Spring Break. We really didn't do much and I'm trying not to feel too guilty about it. (I also didn't take a single picture). We also didn't even have friends over(not counting neighbors). They didn't ask so I didn't suggest it. :) So far they haven't noticed they got slighted, but come Monday morning when they get their journal prompt at school, "What did you do during Spring Break" I'm afraid they are going to realize they got the short end of the stick.
I told Jack that I couldn't hear what he saying and he told me, "You're ear blind."
Jane told me, "I've got an idea for a movie. But it's for adults. With blood and stuff. It's going to be a series." She wouldn't tell me what it was going to be about but she said she'd tell Matt.
Pete is pretty much the worst eater on the planet. Which is saying something considering I also gave birth to the second worst eater on the planet(Jack). He spits everything out he doesn't like. And that's a lot of things. We pretty much rotate through bananas, pears, yogurt, applesauce with avocado, grated apple, scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa, and mandarin oranges. Sometimes he will eat toast, bread, or sandwiches. Sometimes. His favorite is oranges. When you show him something he doesn't want he will start waving his hands in the sign, "All done!" and whine and fuss. But if you show him something he likes he will smile and point to the exact spot on his high chair he wants you to place that food.
Jane has been staying up super late reading. This causes her to want to sleep in super late. That was fine over spring break. In fact, she'd wake up and read some more and not come down until about 10 most mornings. But now I've set an alarm on my phone to remind myself to go up there at 9:45 for her to turn out the lights.
Well, I guess we did do one thing over Spring Break. We went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I barely squeezed it in late afternoon on Saturday. Scottie had just gotten home from camping and Jack really wanted to play with him so his family let Jack stay there. Jane was pretty upset about it and kept saying things like, "How could Jack do this to us?" "This will never be the same without Jack!" The tulips were gorgeous and I always love walking around the gardens but Hank was a huge whiner and Pete kept complaining about being in a stroller but when out of the stroller insisted on walking in the wrong direction. Poor Jane had to help a lot and by the time we had gotten into the park it was time to start walking back. Oh well, better luck next time (when hopefully Matt will be there too).
No comments:
Post a Comment