March 30, 2015

A quiet week

Not too much happened this week.  The biggest event was when Jack couldn't sleep because his throat hurt so bad.  It came on all of a sudden and his tonsils had white spots on them so I thought it must be strep. (Jack was really dramatic about his throat pain!)  I got him an appointment, on a Saturday no less, and Matt took him.  Turns out it was what is called, the common cold.  I was so happy it wasn't me who took him in! :)

We got Pete a pair of flip-flops and he has been in love ever since.  He is constantly bringing them to us to put them on his feet.  He also loves to go outside.  Even if it's cold outside he never makes any indication that he wants to go back inside.  He loves to walk up and down the sidewalk, or back and forth on the porch.  The only bummer is that taking him outside means that you are inevitably setting yourself up to deal with a mad, crying Pete when he finally has to come back in.

Yay! A pic from Matt.  A happy Pete--outside and reaching for his belly button.

When he is inside, Pete loves to walk around the house, too.  As he walks around he is usually poking at his belly button with one hand.  Jack and Hank like to play fetch with him.  They throw a ball and Pete happily goes and gets it over and over again.

Matt and I took the kids to a park near American Fork Canyon this weekend.  We went at dinner time and decided to pick up some pizza on our way.  We got the pizza and put it in the trunk.  Then I told Siri, "Navigate to Highland Glen Park."  Then Jane said, "Navigate to I want to eat pizza now."  We had a nice time at the park.  Pete wanted to walk and walk and walk on the paved paths.  At one point we had tried putting him back in the stroller and we passed by a couple who told us, "Your baby is falling out."  Matt didn't quite hear them and just kind of waved and smiled like, Ok, whatever, hi. But luckily I heard them and peeked around to the front of the stroller and sure enough Pete had slipped himself down on the seat to where his feet were just about touching the ground and his head was resting on the seat under the little snack tray.  Then Matt and I kept laughing about how Matt was so dismissive, "Ok, whatever, my baby is falling, big deal."

I was finally able to capture "the boy noise" on video.  Here is Hank playing with exploding letters.


1 comment:

debra said...

The baby falling out story is hilarious. So funny.