Jack and Hank are usually running around making shooting noises with some sort of toy or imaginary weapon. Lately they have made the window seat behind the curtains be "heaven" where you go if you die. I overheard Jack say to Hank, "Hank, do you want to come to heaven with me? It's fun. You can do whatever you want. You can cut someone with a knife and they will never die."
When Hank was really little he would say these sounds in lieu of a prayer, "Me ha ha. Me ha ha." I don't know why. I guess he thought that's what prayers sounded like. Now that he can actually talk he still refuses to say anything but "Me ha ha" for a prayer. He won't repeat after us or anything. So today at church during the closing prayer, Hank folded his arms and loudly said, "Me ha ha. Me ha ha." I said, "Shhh...it's her (the person giving the prayer) turn." He hopped off my lap, scowled at me and said, "I so mad!"
The church nursery leaders asked Matt, "Now what is his little brothers name?" Matt said it was Pete. They said, "Oh, it sounds like he is saying something else." Matt had to explain that at home we usually call him Petri (as in the Petri dish nickname Matt made up long ago!!).
One phrase that my kids use that drives me totally bonkers is "bad boy." Jack says it a lot but now Hank does too. It drives me crazy when Jack tells Hank he's a "bad boy." I don't even know how it started because I can't remember Matt or I ever saying that. But anyway, Hank was upset that he wasn't getting what he wanted. I explained several times to him that he couldn't have it. (I can't even remember now what this was about). But Hank laid on the floor crying and complaining. I finally told him he was too loud and that he needed to stop crying. Then Hank said, "Happy be a bad boy. Cry is a good boy." It took me MANY tries to figure out what he was saying but I finally asked, "Happy is a bad boy?" And he smiled and nodded his head like I had finally figured him out.
Just like the doctor predicted, Hank has been saying everything is too loud. Especially when things drop or dishes clank. He says a few times a day, "That's too youd!"
The kids were watching Wild Kratt's on TV and paused the show right on a picture of the cartoon nemesis with black hair and a (very slightly) mean looking face. Pete looked at the screen and was absolutely terrified. He went running out of the room, bawling, looking to be held. Ever since then, any time the kids pause the TV he cries and runs away scared.
We were able to pick up Jane's new glasses this week. Jane has a friend in her class who also wears glasses. She told Jane that on the first day she wore her glasses that people made fun of her and then said, "So, I'm going to help you on your first day." I thought that was just the sweetest thing ever.
Hank has been enjoying his homeschool time in the afternoons. The other day he announced, "I want to do school home!"
![]() |
| Practicing some fine motor and sorting skills. |
![]() |
| That face isn't him pushing hard on his paint dauber. That's just the face he makes when we tell him to smile. |



2 comments:
Jane is so cute with her glasses. Good laughs. Enjoyed your blog
I love your stories. Your kids are so cute! They have such great personalities.
Post a Comment