Sweet baby Hank has turned 4 months old! I wish I could tell you he was sleeping through the night now. Oh, that would be glorious. But unfortunately his sleeping has gotten even worse the last few weeks. He's also been fussier than his old usual self. I feel like it could all be because he's teething. He just chews on my shoulder until he falls asleep. But I have no idea. If he is, I hope those teeth come in soon!
He has finally gotten a little bit better at tummy time. He can actually lift his head up enough to look around!
He is quite a bit bigger than Jack was as a baby. He weighed 17 lbs 2 oz at his 4 month check up. He's 85% for weight, and 60% for height. He is already wearing the summer wardrobe that Jack wore the summer Jack turned one year old. I'm happy that works out for now. I won't be thrilled if they're ever wearing the same size at the same time and I need twice as many clothes.
We have finally made some break throughs with bath time. He has tolerated his last two without any crying. One bath time he was so tense that he stiffened his whole body and couldn't even actually sit inside his tub. He just balanced on his toes and his shoulder blades in one stiff line.
He continues to give us some smiles and giggles. I think he sounds like Wheezy the Penguin sometimes when he laughs. It is so cute.
Then he wonders what would happen if he screamed in his face.
Or squished his cheeks.
But, then, when Hank finally does cry, he tries to console him by gently laying his head against him while saying, "Awwww."
And Hank is usually left looking like this.
We love Hank!
We have finally made some break throughs with bath time. He has tolerated his last two without any crying. One bath time he was so tense that he stiffened his whole body and couldn't even actually sit inside his tub. He just balanced on his toes and his shoulder blades in one stiff line.
He continues to give us some smiles and giggles. I think he sounds like Wheezy the Penguin sometimes when he laughs. It is so cute.
He loves to chew on blankets and burp rags and washcloths and his stuffed puppy.
His favorite toy is a little crab rattle we all call crabbers.
He likes when Matt carries him around in the Baby Bjorn.
He has still never sucked on a bottle or pacifier for even a second. I'm thinking getting him to take a bottle is never going to happen.
He is definitely better in his car seat when we're in the car, but because of my back I just leave the car seat in the car and carry him to and from the car. It's so much easier.
And Hank is still quite patient with his brother and sister. Although he will let out an irritated yelp when it gets to that point.
And here's a series of shots that depicts how Jack likes to interact with Hank. First he feels love and affection and is oh so gentle.
But then he gets curious. So he checks out his ear.
And head.
Then he wonders what would happen if he screamed in his face.
Or squished his cheeks.
But, then, when Hank finally does cry, he tries to console him by gently laying his head against him while saying, "Awwww."
And Hank is usually left looking like this.
We love Hank!












8 comments:
He's just too cute! Love the pictures! Hope he starts sleeping better soon.
He's so cute! My little guy hated bath time too. Until one day I accidentally made his water a little too hot. He LOVED it. So I have to always make the bathwater warmer than I think it should be! As for the sleep, well, 17 months in we still don't have an answer for that one. Let me know what you find out. ;)
I love your Hank!!! Man he is so cute, and so grown up. Our little Hank thinks your little Hank is super cute too. He was reading your blog with me. :)
Oh my gosh. He is so handsome in full chubbiness. The pic of him lifting his head is so great and I love the Jack and Hank series. Great expressions! Congrats on your sweet growing boy!
I love Hank, too and I love that Stella is twice his age and weighs about the same. Stella was also not a huge fan of the bath until I made the water warmer than "they" suggest. She loved it and has never looked back.
What a cute series of pictures. We finally got Matt to sleep throughout the night when he was 11 months. Actually he slept thru the night earlier but he didn't go to sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning, then slept until 10. Of course I had to get up at 7 to get kids off to school. I was a zombie that first year. Matt never did learn to go to bed early.
Love the pics of Jack and Hank!
The fun never ends. And I never heard anything about this bathwater temperature thing. I just make it as hot as I would want it to be for me. Is there another way? I would like to know how you get your older sons to feel like they need a shower, cuz I know they need one and there is always an argument.
Post a Comment