January 11, 2012

Jack's first real quote post

Oh, I could just cry that these last 5 months of Jack’s life were not better documented. Jack is just so lovable and has been at the cutest stage. He goes through life with a smile and slight head rock just as happy as can be. I really wish we would’ve written down every adorable thing about his personality. Oh, blog regrets.

As it stands, I have a hodge podge collection of things about Jack. And with five months to cover his talking ability really varies. So some quotes from the beginning I think we wrote down because it was the first time he said something, etc.

When I am out and about with Jack at the store or someplace public, he’s his usual happy self. So strangers will approach him and say something to him. He always gets really excited and instead of answering their question, will look at me and exclaim, "They talking to me!"

The past several months Jack has been into talking in “not” sentences. For example, when he’s happy he’ll say, “I not sad.” When he’s hiccuping he’ll say, “I not barfing.” Or when we’re out in public he’ll point to random women and say, “She not my mom.” And starting in the morning he will point out multiple times a day, “It not bedtime.” One time after playing with his friend Tommy Matt said, “Tommy’s nice, huh?” Jack replied, “He not mean.” When Matt was changing Jack’s non-poopy diaper, Jack said, “Dad, no poo on diaper.” Matt said, “Nope, no poo.” Jack said, “No poo on butt. No poo on wall.”

One morning Jack had a bit of a cold and cough. When he woke up his voice was so scratchy he could hardly get any words out. He was getting frustrated and croaked out, “can't....talk.....good”.

When Jack gets nervous he shakes and says, “I gared! One time when some dogs were barking he kept declaring, "dog gare me!"

Just recently Jack seems to have decided that he just doesn’t like to be alone. When he’s playing somewhere he’ll come get one of us and ask if we’ll be in the room with him. When breakfast is ready he makes sure that Jane comes to the table at the same time as him. He also doesn’t like it when we don’t respond to something he says. Jane especially gets into trouble for that. He’ll say, for the hundredth time, “Jane watch this.” If Jane doesn’t respond to what she sees he’ll scream to me, “Jane not watching!” or, “Jane not talking to me!” Or if he’s asked the same question for the tenth time and I’ve stopped responding he’ll yell, “Talk!”

He likes to know the exact name of everything. So if he’s pointing to a digger and asking “what’s that?”, he doesn’t want to hear “digger.” He wants to know all the parts. So now he’s picked up on asking “What’s that part?” about everything.

Jack went through a big phase of being the bye-bye police. As soon as he’d start to see any indication that one of us was going to leave, he would say, “Don’t go bye-bye!” So for Matt that would include putting his shoes on. For me he would say it if I ever wore anything besides sweats.

I’m not sure how or why it started but Jack loved his own joke he created. He started answering the question, “Who’s in mommy’s tummy?” or “What’s the baby’s name?” with “Day care.” And each time he’d say it like he thought what he was about to say was hilarious.

One morning Matt tried to find out what Jack would like to eat. They’re conversation went like this: “Jack, do you want toast?” “No.” “Do you want applesauce?” “No.” “Grapes?” “No.” “Cereal?” “No.” “How about a piece of poo? Do you want a piece of poo?” “Yeah.” Matt dropped the conversation and left the room. Jack came in sadly minutes later and said with a whine, ““piece of poo, piece of poo.” Matt asked, “Oh, you really want a piece of poo?” “Yeah”.

It took awhile to un-do the “time-out” that Matt gave Jack at church one time. It consisted of letting him run around on the stage. For several weeks Jack kept begging for time-outs.

When Jack was playing the nano-panda game on Matt’s ipad he looked at the little panda and said, “I want hug. He so cute.” Another time he had a little toy snowman thing and said, “Cute baby snowman. I want to hug him so tight.”

Matt was in another room in the house and Jane was playing next door. He heard Jack say, “Hi.” Then he heard a very low, deep and growly, “Hi.” Matt says it sounded like a possessed demon, and he thought it couldn’t possibly have been Jack. He thought maybe Jane and the neighbors had come over. So when he looked into the room he was surprised to see only Jack. Matt asked, “Hey buddy, what are you doing?” Jack held up a car and said, “Dad, He mean. He a mean car.” Then Jack took that mean car and said to his suburban car in the same possessed demon voice, “Hi Candis car.”

When Jack got a little Lightning McQueen car he said, “Lightning McQueen say Ka-chow.”

After drinking soda he was excited and said “My bubbles are in my mouth.”

After being sick and teething a couple times in a row Jack got very used to the idea that we would rush into the bedroom at his every cry. It got to where he would stand up and cry as soon as we’d put him to bed and continue for several hours with us constantly going in there. We eventually decided we would have to tell him we’re not coming in anymore and let him cry. The first night was bad. But then it was fixed. After that episode, when putting him to bed, he would smile and tell us, “Say ‘no crying’, say ‘mommy and daddy not coming in.’”. He seemed to think it was funny.

Jack is not interested in using the toilet. Well, actually, he’ll tell us about once a week at least that he wants to go pee on the toilet, so we set him on it and he goes. But if I ever try to encourage him it just ticks him off. So I don’t push the issue. Anyway, he used to tell us when he was poopy. But lately he’s been annoyed with the fact that he has to stop playing in order to get his diaper changed. One time when Jane and Jack were playing in their room I heard Jack say, “Jane, don’t tell mom that I’m poopy.”

Jack has learned his last name. And his first name for that matter. So, if you ask him what his name is he’ll say Jack. If you ask what his first name is he says John. If you ask what his last name is he says Besbesen. Then, he’ll usually start listing all the other Besbesen’s. I a Besbesen, Mommy a Besbesen, Daddy a Besbesen, Jane a Besbesen. And if someone else is around he’ll ask, “You Besbesen?”

I had to get the new little baby his own vibrating baby chair. The one we used for Jack was an infant chair that could convert to a “toddler rocker” by clicking the back up by literally a quarter of an inch. Well, Jack loves that toddler rocker and uses it multiple times a day. I felt like a new chair was worth what I think would have been some jealous times ahead. When he saw the box for the chair Jack was very interested. I told him it was Hank’s and he really started to get into that idea. When I put the chair together and Jack saw it the next morning he ran to me and asked if Hank was here. He was so excited it seemed like it finally clicked that we’ll be getting our very own baby soon. Since then he asks many times a day, “Is Hank still in your tummy?” “Is Hank here yet?” Today he asked, “What’s he doing in there? Is he gared?”

And lots of pics to cover the last five months.












2 comments:

Jenni said...

Awesome. And he looks so grown up with the haircut.

Livvy said...

reminds me of seth :D