*This morning Jane was very excited to tell me about a dream she had. I dictated: I was a different kind of Tinkerbell. I didn't wear Tinkerbell clothes because they were dirty. The Ariel ones were clean. I didn't wear a tail, I wore a skirt tail, and I wore shells. And I decorated both of those things with some sparkly paint. Then I flew off with my friends-the other Tinkerbell, and Fawn, Silvermist, Iridessa, and Rosetta. And then I went to Strawberry Shortcake's house. Then Donald Duck turned on the TV for me. He was being nice to me. Then Margalo (a fairy in a Strawberry Shortcake episode) kicked me on the ground with her foot. And then Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse put Margalo back in her home with the bush locked. She lives in a bush.
*Jane has discovered the art of manipulation. She will say things like, "But you have to give it to me because I'm CRYING!" One day when her tactics weren't working with me she upped the ante. I said, you can cry as loud as you want, you can't do _____." She said, "But I will cry REALLY LOUD!" I told her I didn't care. She said, "I will cry in your ear." Again, I didn't care. Then she stated, "I will scream right down into your ear!" Are your kids angels like mine?
*Jane had been singing a song. I started singing it too. Then Matt joined in using a dramatic opera voice. Jane stopped him and said, "You don't sing pretty. But it's ok. It's because you're a boy. Only girls can sing pretty like me and mom." She has since reiterated that opinion numerous times when Matt tries to sing in any style.
*Jane's pretend play hasn't been very lady-like lately. She usually has some figurine (animal, fairy, princess) attack and kill another figurine. Then someone comes in and saves the day by killing the murderous figurine. If I'm in the room she'll usually warn me, "Mom, don't look." before it all goes down.
*Jane's favorite song is Two Hearts by Chris Isaak. She thinks it is just beautiful and we seriously listen to it every car ride. In the few times we get to listen to anything else I guess she picked up on the song Landslide. I was singing it one day (Well I've been afraid of changing cause I...). She stopped me right there. She claims it says, "Well I've been afraid of J.J. cause Al......". She said that Al is J.J.'s second name and he's kind of mean so you're afraid of him.
*Matt was driving Jane home from preschool one day. They were having fun together and it made Matt think about how much he loved her. When they pulled up at the house Matt said, "Jane, I love you so mu-" and before he could even finish she cut him off and said, with a touch of sadness to her voice, "I don't think you do."
*I really wish I had an audio clip because the way she was singing this song was hilarious. I believe she was dressed up like a princess and sang in a booming, authoritative voice repeatedly, "Because I'm BEAUTIFUL, and PROFESSIONAL...."
*One night I talked to Jane on the phone when she was driving home from having dinner at her Aunt's house with Matt. I asked her if she ate anything and she said, "I just ate a roll. It looked funny. It looked like a bum-bum."
*One day Matt and Jane were playing with a dinosaur and cow. Matt was the dinosaur and he started attacking the cow that Jane was holding. Jane, being the cow, said. "That doesn't hurt me! I'll put a milkshake on you and fire you up!"
Jane got bangs this month. I like them straightish; Matt likes them curly. So they are most often straight and most often photographed curly.

Jane likes to pose in what she believes to be the most beautiful and princessly way. She usually directs Matt about things like where to stand and how to hold the camera. Then she picks the spot and pose. Here are a couple of those shots.
And then you know my husband likes weird pictures. Well, the first one is pretty normal, but that last one is one of the oddest pictures I've ever seen of a child. Just a usual day outside jumping and making faces.





8 comments:
Why are you ashamed? That was still a substantial amount of funniness. I'm proud of you.
And I'm POSITIVE my children are as angelic as yours as evidenced by the angry yelling coming from the kitchen right now/
That last picture has me laughing out loud. So funny! (And awkward!)
I have a feeling that when you're on your fourth or fifth kid, you'll look back at your documentation of Jane's antics and be proud of how much you got. Me and Matt, we got nothin'!
That last picture is probably why Jane likes to direct Matt's picture-taking efforts.
Don't you love Chris Isaak? I remember going to a small nightclub in San Jose when he was just starting out and I fell in love with his voice. I would say he's not bad-looking either, but as Terrell points out, if he made a comment like that about a woman, I would be offended. So, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf, so I won't say how dreamy Chris is.
can i have your address? i owe you a 'thank you' card from my baby shower. and since i never sent you the one from my birthday LAST YEAR, i would feel like a scum bag if this one never made it to your hands.
As soon as I saw the first Jane pose it made me think of facing sideways with one hand up on the shoulder with our heads turned back to the camera. Please tell me you get the reference. Jane's love of posing is genetic.
Okay, next time I come to Utah I want Jillie and Jane to hang out. Jillie is only two though so not sure if Jane would want to hang out with her. I love all those stories. She is hilarious.
Where is that latest update? Some of us need our Jack & Jane fixes.
Post a Comment