March 9, 2011

Been a long time

Hi. It's been a long time. I've added a new job to my schedule. This one is during more normal-people hours. I'll tell you more about it some time. It has to do with teaching and Legos. For that, I can't complain. But for now, can I take a moment to share with you how stressed out it makes me that Matt is heading to L.A. tonight? Let's take Thursday for example:

-wake up
-feed and dress the kids
-shower (this one looks deceptively easy) :)
-feed and dress myself

-take kids to Babysitter #1
-go to work

-drive home from work
-pick up the kids
-feed them lunch in about 7 minutes
-take Jane to preschool
-put Jack to bed
-eat lunch, clean up the house
-wake Jack up
-pick Jane up early from preschool

-take kids to Babysitter #2
-go to work

-drive home from work
-pick up the kids
-bathe the kids, feed them more food as I'm sure they'll both be hungry (a consequence of being picky)
-put the kids to bed

-greet Babysitter #3 who is coming over to just sit at my house in case my kids need help
-teach English over the internet in my bedroom (thank heavens it's in my bedroom and not in Provo).

-SLEEP

-get woken up by Jane at least once

-wake up in the morning
-feed and dress the kids
-shower, feed and dress myself

-take kids to Babysitter #4
-go to work

You see? I could really use my husband. I'm not upset with him for going. He needs to go. But I could really use him.

You know who else I could use? My mom. I've been daydreaming lately about how life-changing it would be to have my parents live close to me.

And hats off to single, working parents whose days more often look like this than not.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I can pick Jane up from preschool. It's not a problem.

Sharon said...

At least, I'm assuming I'm babysitter #2.

Molly said...

Oh man. That sounds stressful. That is a LOT of work, missy! And I don't just mean a lot of jobs, I mean a lot of work in general (everything you have to do).

Christina said...

You can do it, Ella! Wish I was around this weekend to help out. You're superwoman. We'd better get some time to hang out next week- you'll need it for sure by then!

Megan said...

Umm...we haven't talked for a while. WHAT is going on?! Please call me! And YES, that is a crazy day!