August was a pretty fun month. We did a lot of playing.
Markering:
Collaging:
Aquadoodling:
Water playing:
We also tried out a lot of art recipes. Stay posted and you can try them too.
Salt paint:
Also this month Jack learned some pretty cool things. He learned how to blow raspberries after sipping his milk and about all the fun that that creates. I walked into the kitchen to find him standing in a puddle of milk thoroughly enjoying himself.
He also learned how much fun it can be to be ambidextrous. He likes to feed himself breakfast with a spoon in each hand. One for oatmeal and one for yogurt.
He's also learned the importance of a good accessory.
Matt learned how to be on the other side of the camera,
And Jane learned how to draw an apple tree.
I learned what it feels like to spend the night away from the kids. I went with 2 old and dear roommates back to our Provo stomping grounds and had a good ol' fashioned sleep over. I laughed until I cried numerous times. Kate retold one of my favorite memories and said it was her 2 year old son's often-requested bedtime story. I'm hoping she'll come share it with you.
me and kate
studying the essentials at the BYU library
That pretty much sums up August! Coming soon: freshman memory, art recipes, and Jane's first day of preschool!
But first, I have 2 important things to get off my chest.
First, you know how when you go to leave a comment on a blog and sometimes you have to type a word in first? Well, have you ever clicked on the handicap icon next to the word verification box? It's a hoot. Actually, it's kind of creepy. (but remember to have your volume on).
Second, we babysat a baby tonight. It was a wonderful reminder that 3 years is the PERFECT spacing between babies for us.
9 comments:
looks like good times except for the milk discovery. the apple tree is so cute! i would love a recipe for bubbles that actually works well. did livvy or paul ever tell you that the realized a pattern between our children spacing-- it goes 2 years, 3 years, 4 years. kind of funny- the more we had the longer we needed to wait for another. (deployments had something to do with it too.)
Sounds like a good month! I love the pics of you, Kate and Megs. So fun!
So glad you got a couple of days off. I find i need a play day occasionally just to keep sane even at my age. The kids are adorable. You do so much with them it's great. Love the pictures. Jack is growing up.
I tried the handicap sign on the comment thing. Weird! How on earth is that supposed to help someone with a disability to leave a comment? I have no idea.
I love reading your blogs! Wish we could see you more.
These are such awesome ideas to do at home!! It kind amakes me feel like a boring mamma... but now I know what to have Lucia do thanks to you!!
Love the pictures of us! And I love the funny stories about Jane in the latest post! Especially the comment about you being a mean parent. I think Ty would say the same to me if he could talk. Maybe Jane can recommend some books for him to give me for Mother's Day.
Aw. Thanks for the reminder of our party. I wish we lived closer so we could do that more often. And so you could join my toddler art group! Looks like you guys are finding some sweet artistic endeavors! Your family is the cutest.
Bet u had a fun time cleaning jacks shoes after the mud puddle and cleaning out the back of your van wen u went garage buying. I wish i was there to c the action. BTW does the sidewalk paint really work if so i might have a few tricks up my sleve.
Post a Comment