September 5, 2010

Because it's Sunday

I don't tend to get too serious on this ol' blog of mine. But because it's Sunday, and because the most important things in life are good to blog about every now and then, I'm going to share with you some very special things.

I want to share with you two blogs that have deeply touched me. The first requires a long paragraph of explanation. I hope the blog owner doesn't mind. She doesn't know me. She does know some friends of mine. There is a group of ladies in California that I first met when I went to visit Matt's family for the first time seven plus years ago. Actually, I only met a few, but have since heard about or blog stalked this impressive group of friends. Individually they are each impressive: beautiful, cool, funny, kind, faithful, but collectively they are amazing. I can't imagine having such a LARGE group of awesome friends. Plus, a lot of them run together so my crush on them basically began there. Enough of that. One of Matt's friends, Lindsay, who I did know, posted on her blog about being a guest contributor on another blog. After following the link I realized Maren was someone who I had long admired from far away. Maren asked the inspiring women in her life to write a post to share in response to the question, "How do you do it?" Each woman has faced her own set of challenges, and each has their own inspiring words of wisdom. Lindsay's post is (here.) Maren's post is (here). But I suggest you start back on August 12th and read them all. If you're like me, your soul will be uplifted and your faith will be strengthened

Second, I'm sharing a very special blog from a very special family. They are friends of ours who lost their sweet 4 month old daughter to heart complications. I cannot tell you how many times my mind wanders to them and what they have taught me when I give myself a few quite moments to think. Attending Annie's funeral is among my most cherished sacred moments. The mom felt very strongly about sharing Annie's life with others because she felt that Annie was hear to teach all of us. She certainly taught me and for that reason I'm sharing it with you, (here).

Have a beautiful Sunday.

2 comments:

Molly said...

What a wonderful post, Ella! I, too, love the "How they do it" series Maren did. I have referred many people to it, and so has my mom. Every post is so inspirational and comforting.

And you are so right. We do have an amazing group of girls out here. I was just starting to be okay with the idea of starting up my second job again next week (working full time plus part time), meaning more months of not seeing anyone. And you just brought back all the suppressed desire to stay at home and actually have time to spend with the wonderful friends who surround me out here. Thanks a lot, Ella!! Now I'm going to be a wreck again! :)

But really, this was a great post. And I tried to look at your friend's blog, but I'm at work and could already feel myself falling apart. I'll have to look at it at home.

mj said...

Ella,
Thanks for your sweet words about the "how do you do it" series. I really appreciate it! I am surrounded by some wonderful friends - here in CA and throughout the world. I think it's so great to remember that we're all struggling...differently...but together. And we can all lift each other up and support each other.
...maren