
After taking a nap on a regular bed (yes, she's still in a crib) I came in and said, "You slept on a big girl bed!" She said, "Yeah, I'm big. I'm three." I corrected her, "You're almost three." She replied, "I'm not VERY two." Nope, Jane is no longer VERY two. She only has one more month until she turns 3.
So, yeah, Jane has decided she's ready for a big girl bed so we've put the twin mattress we happened to have in her room, and she said that Jack could use her crib. When we were talking about her bed she explained, "Max has a boy big girl bed."
I asked Jane, "What do you want to eat?" She said, "Something juicy." "A pear?" "Yeah, a pear's juicy."
Jane has been obsessed with "hoctagons" this month. (You know, stop signs). She likes to say, "S.T.O.P. Stop." each time we get to one. But sometimes when she gets in the car she'll say, "I don't wanna see any hoctagons. I'm too tired (or too busy)."
One of my favorite non-words that Jane uses is downer. I love it. It of course means that something is down, or lower than something else.
Jane was busy drawing at her little art table while I was doing dishes. She said, "Mom, I'm so tired. I need to go lay down on the couch." But she continued and said, "I'm almost done drawing." A few minutes later she went into the living room and said to Dad, "I was drawing so hard. I was working so hard." Then she showed us her little picture where she had filled in all of the tiny little white spaces on a design she found on a paper.

Jane likes it when my hair is down. In fact, she cries when I put it into a ponytail and begs me to put it down.
Like I mentioned last month Jane finds the words bum-bum and poo-poo funny. What I didn't realize was how often she tries to use that as a joke. While visiting my friends in St. George, Kate kind of laughed at something Jane had said. Jane noticed she got her to laugh and tried to continue the laughter by saying, "poo-poo. bum-bum." Only it wasn't funny at all, just an odd non sequitur.
One night, in the middle of the night, our power went out and it was pitch black. The first thing I heard seconds after it happened was Jane yelling, "My eyes!"
Jane has started to use the word "because." And she uses it excessively. In fact, she will now talk for about 5 minutes straight stringing each non-related sentence together with the word because. And this is how she has started to ask us for things. "I want to go outside. Because don't say no."

Jane is so good at manipulating us. We are stuck in this cycle where Jane tells us she needs to eat right after we tell her it's time to get ready for bed. We try to tell her no and that it's time for bed but when she says, "My tummy is so hungry. I NEED to eat. My tummy will be SO hungry in my bed," we usually give in.
And another time she really wanted to go outside and she was begging me and finally said, "Because kids LOVE to go outside." That solved the discussion because I remembered that kids DO love to go outside.
I always know when Jane has done something wrong when I hear things from the other room like, "Don't look at the table." or "Mom, I love you. Don't be mad." And she won't tell me what she's done until I assure her that I won't be mad.
6 comments:
Oh Jane. I'm so excited to hear about her 3 year old adventures next month!
I love reading these! Don't tell my other friends. I don't always read theirs. But Jane is just so darn entertaining.
I love hearing about everything funny and crazy jane does!
ditto what molly said
Jane Rocks
I love the last picture. Hilarious. What a big personality in a little body. She makes me laugh, I am so happy I got to see the girl doing her thing in real life. Thanks for the entertainment.
Love hearing about the kids. That Jane is such a character. Love the pictures.
Post a Comment