January 2, 2009

My Birthday Bash

Twenty-seven! My birthday bash started the day before with a little shin-dig at the Sabin's house. We were joined by Fred, Julie, and Terrell. Sharon made us yummy pizza's at my request and I got to dig into some Costco cake (or should I say frosting?). The Sabin's gave me a little game that I've already mentioned before that I am quite obsessed with. A new version of "the train game"! I was just a little excited:



My reaction was of such elation that Julie joked that I should've opened their gift first. But of course I loved the gorgeous shirt the Sparks got me as well!

After dinner we all enjoyed playing the train game together. Well, "enjoyed" is a bit of stretch. With it's new, unfamiliar map and rules I kept saying that I couldn't relax and that I could hardly breathe.


Jane found a way to stay busy while we were all occupied:


The next day on my actual birthday, I had plans to go to lunch with Sharon and to Salt Lake City with Jane and Matt to see the Christmas lights on Temple Square. Both were postponed because we were snowed in! I was pretty bummed at first but then Matt and I had a nice snow day together. We played my new game 8 times and I was finally able to relax. And now I love it. I was starving all day because we had no food in our house. So I finally had Matt shovel the car out of the driveway and go to McDonald's (not common for me, I promise). But I will say this: I think that was the best cheeseburger I've ever eaten. I'm still thinking about it although I've resisted making a repeat trip.

The following day the snow had subsided and my girlfriends took me out for a birthday dinner! Yippee! They took me to an awesome little place in Orem. It was just like a restaurant I've always wanted to eat at. You know, the kind where every dish makes you feel like you are a judge on Iron Chef. It's called Pizzeria Seven Twelve. We had a lot of fun. Thanks girls! Candis even treated me to a movie that night. I felt like a queen!

And then because of the earlier postponements my birthday kept going and going with a raincheck from Sharon and a later trip to Salt Lake City as a family.




Thank you friends and family for a Birthday Extraordinaire!

6 comments:

cara said...

How come Matt never took a picture with you and the frosting?

Christina said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday (minus the snowed-in part)! Dinner was divine, I must say. You inadvertently had your own birthday week with all the rain checks! :)

Candis Ellis said...

I was just going to say what Christina said...Birthday week after all!

I think (and am thrilled) that I might be rubbing off on you...?

So, can we hang out, or what? I am so BORED. Freak.

The Griner Family: said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun. We miss you guys already!

MomandDad said...

Glad you had a good birthday despite the weather. Jane looks so cute in her scarf and hat.

Clair said...

I'm so glad it worked out! Love you!