January 6, 2009

2.25 years old

*Common phrases I hear from Jane: "not now...later" and "5 more minutes." And everything is beginning to be followed by "K?" "Clean up toys later, k? not now, k?" And then there's "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." And usually there is nothing following the mom. One day I was getting a little annoyed with having to answer "what" every time even though there was nothing on the other end. So she was saying "Mom, mom, mom" and finally I said exasperatedly, "What?!" She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "be happy, mom, not mad."

*She referred to her smoothie as "ice cream juice." After learning what angels were over Christmas she started referring to pictures of Disney princesses as angels. One night Jane asked for an "adult show."

*Because of the holidays and birthdays we have spent a lot of time at the Sabin's this past month. Jane LOVES going to "Sharon's house." And going there frequently only made it worse. For about a week every time she went to bed she would say "Go to Sharon's house tomorrow." Matt is usually the driver to Sharon's house and we usually go a specific route. One time just Jane and I were driving and I absentmindedly went the way I go when we are usually going to run errands. Jane must have picked up on this because she said to me from the backseat, "Go to Sharon's house. No store." Once when we arrived at Sharon's house Jane announced her itinerary, "Hug Sharon. Hug Sam. Put on on dress-up." After being babysat by the Sabin's oldest daughter Cara, Jane told us the next time we went there, "Go to Cara's house. Mommy and Daddy go bye-bye."

*Jane was crying one night so I went in to see what was wrong. She kept saying something to me that sounded like, "I need somset" I kept saying "What?" And Jane would repeat herself. This went on for so long that after every time I said "What?" Jane and I would both start cracking up. FINALLY I realized she was telling me "I need somersault." So I helped her do a somersault and then she was fine with going back to bed.

*Jane went through an extreme Daddy phase this month. She's starting to like me again so I guess I can start to laugh about it. She was always up for hugging and cuddling with Dad but wouldn't give me the time of day. One time after her nap she woud only allow me to pick her up if I promised to just set her down on the floor and not hug her. Another time she was crying in the car and kept saying she wanted Daddy (who was driving). I turned around and tried to pat her leg and talk to her. She shoved my hand off and said she wanted Dad.

*While driving in the car listening to music Jane said, "I like this song. My shoes are dancing." Sure enough, she was kicking her feet around to the beat.

*Jane walked by me holding Baby Ella while her nose was running. She said, "Baby Ella wipe my tissue." So I watched her go into the bathroom, get some toilet paper, put it in baby Ella's hand and then wipe her nose.

*In the middle of church I had to excuse myself to use the bathroom. Matt later told me that Jane felt it necessary to stand up and announce to everyone in the rows behind her, "Mommy go poo-poo."

1 Year Ago:


2 Years Ago:

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I never saw Jane as a baby, so she looks so unlike the Jane I know, she's so cute!

P.S. - So excited for BL tonight!

cara said...

Ella that comment that said 'Sharon' was from me (cara), I didn't know I was on her account. (she didn't log out)

The Griner Family: said...

Wow Ella! You have become quite the blogger! We love reading and learning more about "Baby" Jane (Toddler Jane is now back to Baby Jane).

Megan said...

Oh my gosh!! Love it! Especially the announcing your poo-poo. So...true to tradition...I once again forgot your birthday. Sorry! But did you really expect anything any different out of me? I swear, I suck at this. So, how about lunch one day soon?

Jenni said...

I'm so excited to see you guys in just a few days! I love reading about Jane since we don't get to see you often.